Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why are Yamaha's so stinkin unreliable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are Yamaha's so stinkin unreliable?

Having owned a Honda and Yamaha, the Yamaha is always broke, whats up

Old 04-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

the way u ride i guess. hondas in my opinion, arent the best performance, but huge reliability. yamahas are great and IMO are better perforance. dunno, never had a prob with any yamaha i have owned. just maintence

Pro Rider

Must be user error. My yamaha has never had problems, and I run it very rough.
-you are being a troll.

Pro Rider

ummm, thats because u have an 89 warrior lol, all sport bikes are unreliable compared to a utility, i wouldnt own a honda cuz my last bike was a honda and so many problems i cant even list, cuz i think they make one bike bad they make allbad but they prolly use better stuff now and make them more reliable, i still have to vent over my honda

Old 04-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wanaply21
ummm, thats because u have an 89 warrior lol, all sport bikes are unreliable compared to a utility, i wouldnt own a honda cuz my last bike was a honda and so many problems i cant even list, cuz i think they make one bike bad they make allbad but they prolly use better stuff now and make them more reliable, i still have to vent over my honda

Yeah, the 1989 thing could have something to do with it, but I have heard this before...I don't ride hard for the most part.....but it's always broken.....I bought the Honda to have a quad that is gonna start every time, something the Warrior has not done. I dunno, I want to buy a Wolverine, but I am starting to shy away from the Yamaha's. I know it looks like I am brand loyal to the Honda, and thats maybe partly true, but only cause the thing is bulletproof. If I could get over my fear of buying a new Yamaha, I would probably do that.

Old 04-06-2004, 08:20 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: ElectricShift
Must be user error.
I would say that is correct. I have both honda and yamaha, both are pretty much problem free if kept mantained and not abused.

Old 04-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kyperman
Because they always fashion a half-a$$ed idea into a quad!! Like a motorcycle engine in the Raptor...they couldn't even do that right....

Old 04-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: fasternu
Originally posted by: Kyperman
Well its because honduhs are so darn uncomforatable to ride and have no options to play with so they do not get driven very much.Yamahas on the other hand are very fun and get driven quite a bit,and people with no common sence don't look for bad bearings and such untill it is too late.The only bikes that do not wear out are the ones that are not used.(see honduh)

Old 04-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

That user error excuse is a bunch of BS. I have owned several yamahas, a honda, and several suzukis. I maintain my quads religiously, and the most unreliable manufacturer is hands down yamaha. You might think this opinion is out of a small sample size but it is not. I ride with a large group of guys and us yamaha guys have the most problems out of the group. By the way, the Raptor is in getting a new head gasket, new fan relay, and temp sensor (this week). The tranny crapped out, starter bearing went out, I think we are all aware of the usual suspects regarding failed parts. Not one problem with the honda or the suzukis. None of the other honda or Z400 riders I ride with have had anywhere close to the list of problems as the yammy owners. I cant think of a significant problem any of them have had. The warrior I had was much more reliable than the raptor.

I have way more fun on the Raptor but you have to take it for what it is, fun/fast but unreliable. Read the posts, you get the picture. My kid will be getting the 450R or a Z400. I know Im not off on this one.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

What about Banshees? I never hear much about the banshees being unreliable. I know that u will have to rebuild them though if u ride them hard(because of the 2 stroke), but besides that are banshees unreliable?

Quick Reply: Why are Yamaha's so stinkin unreliable?