Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I hate to admit it but I just got Ripped off on eBay!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate to admit it but I just got Ripped off on eBay!!!

Track him down and stick that 01 right up his. . .

Old 04-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Range Rover

I know this guy who paid $2,000 for a turbo charger off ebay. He sent certified funds also, and when the shipment got there, all that was in it was a few hoses, clamps, and junk like that. That was over a year ago, and as far as I know, nothing ever got resolved. I never buy off of ebay or from those huge market things(they usually sell car audio equipment and such). I have seen way too many people get ripped off. The way I look at it is if it is a whole lot cheaper than it should be, there is a good chance you're gonna lose your money. I would never buy anything expensive, mechanical (engines, speakers, turbo chargers), or electrical (amps, cd players, computers) off of ebay.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

If you're buying anything expensive on eBay that you're apprehensive about, ask to do it through an escrow. The money is held by a third party until you receive your merchandise and are satisfied you got what was represented. That way everyone's protected.

If the seller won't do an escrow (easily done on the eBay system) then don't do business with him. Easy and safe.

Old 04-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I got burned on some elbow and knee pads about 2 years ago. Just gave up on that one. Still have purchased some others using my credit card. Bid and won on a helmet for the wife from a dealer I had no problems with before, not this time. Wouldn't answer emails or phone calls. Placed a dispute with PayPal. All of a sudden I heard from him. Told me he could ship it out Today (yesterday). I already had to go buy one 'cause I needed it for this past weekend. He did give a full refund. From now one, it's always pay with credit card.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear it dude.....
I haven't been burned that bad yet....but I have been burned out of about $300 more than once.....

it really makes you mad....and I paid with paypal on one of them....and I didn't reallize til here recently that paypal insures it.....with Iw ould have known it 2 years ago when it happened.....

Old 04-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

That's too bad you got taken. However, there are a lot of good deals to be had on Ebay. Just be careful with whom you do business with. And do things such as checking feedback, using Paypal, and using escrow as was mentioned before. Maybe I've been fortunate, butI've bought over 240 things on Ebay and have never been ripped off. I've used Paypal for around 200 of them. So not everyone gets taken. Just gotta be careful about it.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is paypal the best way to pay for an Item that you buy?? Cause I am fixing to spend 1100.00 through PayPal.

bigger.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

At least you didnt buy a brand new Raptor for 2500 from Europe,,,with free shipping!!!!

Old 04-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

I think that paypal has some reasonable protections, but when you click "send" the seller does have his money at that instant, as opposed to the escrow described earlier. Depends on your confidence in the seller, i.e. feedback, communication, etc.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

I believe it takes a couple days for the funds to be transferred thru paypal, i have had good luck but never spent more than 500 on an item thru e-bay myself, hope it works out bro,later..

Quick Reply: I hate to admit it but I just got Ripped off on eBay!!!