Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I hate to admit it but I just got Ripped off on eBay!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate to admit it but I just got Ripped off on eBay!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I actually thought I was purchasing an almost new motor but found out its an 01 model and have paid by a cashiers check which is guaranteed funds. It came from LANSING, MI and was told it was an 03 motor with less than 50 hours on it. Well, it looks like its got 2000 hours on it just from the wear on the left side of the case!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Just never send a cashiers check if its going to be alot of money. Live and learn I guess, but this just pi$$es me off royal.

With all the scams on eBay that is going around it almost makes me not want to use it any more. Its about 30% filled with con artists and Theifs and growing everyday!!

Old 04-08-2004, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

That just isn't right. There's gotta be something you can do to get that guy in trouble with EBAY for selling falsely advertised products....especially a product that expensive.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

you can add me to that list. im still tryintg to get my credit card to hook me up and get teh partial amount i paid through them.
500 bucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I actually thought I was purchasing an almost new motor but found out its an 01 model
Don't take this wrong but your luck has sucked lately. It will be nice when you are done and everything is settled.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]It came from LANSING, MI and was told it was an 03 motor with less than 50 hours on it. Well, it looks like its got 2000 hours on it just from the wear on the left side of the case!!
From lansing eh? I go to school there. In fact, I'm here right now. Dont happen to have a name and address do you? I'll go pay him a visit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

I know this isn't the time but,
it's kinda funny how people will do somethin like this for someone they dont know.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptor660Fam
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I actually thought I was purchasing an almost new motor but found out its an 01 model
Don't take this wrong but your luck has sucked lately. It will be nice when you are done and everything is settled.
Yeah I know. It really sucks and have almost got all my parts to finish my 02 motor...... But I was hoping to get the 03 since it was newer....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

From lansing eh? I go to school there. In fact, I'm here right now. Dont happen to have a name and address do you? I'll go pay him a visit
As a matter of fact I do but he did just email me back and tell me that he will settle this out this weekend. We will see, hopefully he does, I told him this motor wasnt worth over 700.00 on ebay if it was listed correctly.

Old 04-08-2004, 05:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hope everything get's settled, and you are both happy in the end...but the chances of that are probaly slim and none...I hope your luck turns for you.

Old 04-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Pro Rider

I feel your pain, your not alone. I have been riped off buying atv part's on ebay and so has a friend of mine. I will NEVER buy anything off ebay again![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Thats a bummer for sure. Yep, EBAY is a breeding ground for thiefs. We as purchasers asume / want too be treated as we would treat another....this is our downfall.

Quick Reply: I hate to admit it but I just got Ripped off on eBay!!!