Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor

how does it do compared to a banshee

Old 04-08-2004, 04:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor

my dads shee has a few mods and he rarly gets beat.

on my dads I run fifth and sixth gear in an up hill sand drag and have never been beatin by a rappy.

I would definetly choose a shee over a rappy.(JUST MY 2cents)

Old 04-08-2004, 04:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default raptor

is there alot of rebuild
ive owned some 2 stoke dirtbikes is it more or about the same

Old 04-08-2004, 04:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default raptor

i dont really need all the power my 400 ex will beat almost anything round my house but most time its close i just wanna smoke them and what it wont beat is my fault

Old 04-08-2004, 05:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor

my friend has had his for 5 years and its still running strong.

Old 04-08-2004, 05:09 AM
Trailblazer
Default raptor

is the raptor as good or atleast close to the 400 in the woods
i love the 400 i just want more

Old 04-08-2004, 05:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor

from what I hear ya its an ausome machine in the woods.

Old 04-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Range Rover
Default raptor

my rappy will beat any 400ex. i can beat stock ones in 4th gear for a while. on the top end a stock rappy and 400 ex are about the same, but a raptor has it on low-end torque.

the raptor was made for the woods, so it is kinda high. but nuttin a little body english can't change. if it feels tippy to you, you can lower it by turning the rear suspension linkage around.

and if you want something faster in a straight line, get a banshee. my cusin has a banshee and in its stock form i can beat it, but w/ a pipe, filter, and jets, he's got me on top end. but get us in tight woods and he has to shift too much, and if you don't keep the revs up it'll foul out spark plugs.

don't git me wrong, banshee's are awesome machines, and i love riding them. but i don't think i'd own one unless all i did w/ it was drag. i think a raptor is a better all around machine. raptors have reverse. but if you wannt the best drag machine, get the banshee.

Old 04-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor

A Raptor has alot more Top End then a 400ex, Yesterday I was riding with Superballs and another Girl that has a 400ex with K&N and that and she wasnt even a race, She wanted to see how fast hers would go and I got a GPS and it was only doing 68.7 and thats with a 120 pound girls on it. But there a good all around quad but if you were looking for a 400 go with a z,kfx, or dvx. Sandblaster, A banshee isn't everything, I beat alot of them, My buddy put a higher Sprocket on his just to go faster then me. There both great machines though, And the Raptor does climb hills alot easier then them to.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor

Originally posted by: carguy07
my rappy will beat any 400ex. i can beat stock ones in 4th gear for a while. on the top end a stock rappy and 400 ex are about the same, but a raptor has it on low-end torque.

the raptor was made for the woods, so it is kinda high. but nuttin a little body english can't change. if it feels tippy to you, you can lower it by turning the rear suspension linkage around.

and if you want something faster in a straight line, get a banshee. my cusin has a banshee and in its stock form i can beat it, but w/ a pipe, filter, and jets, he's got me on top end. but get us in tight woods and he has to shift too much, and if you don't keep the revs up it'll foul out spark plugs.

don't git me wrong, banshee's are awesome machines, and i love riding them. but i don't think i'd own one unless all i did w/ it was drag. i think a raptor is a better all around machine. raptors have reverse. but if you wannt the best drag machine, get the banshee.

...well, their not as bad as everyone says they are in tight trails. It all depends on how you are as a rider. I used to have a bit of a tricky time, but as I got better, I was able to fly through the real tight trails. Then again, I rarely ever leave 2nd, but I no longer have any trouble running away from my buddies 300ex in the woods.

Quick Reply: raptor