YA YA YA.

good point man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor

Originally posted by: AnimalMother85
Originally posted by: carguy07
my rappy will beat any 400ex. i can beat stock ones in 4th gear for a while. on the top end a stock rappy and 400 ex are about the same, but a raptor has it on low-end torque.

the raptor was made for the woods, so it is kinda high. but nuttin a little body english can't change. if it feels tippy to you, you can lower it by turning the rear suspension linkage around.

and if you want something faster in a straight line, get a banshee. my cusin has a banshee and in its stock form i can beat it, but w/ a pipe, filter, and jets, he's got me on top end. but get us in tight woods and he has to shift too much, and if you don't keep the revs up it'll foul out spark plugs.

don't git me wrong, banshee's are awesome machines, and i love riding them. but i don't think i'd own one unless all i did w/ it was drag. i think a raptor is a better all around machine. raptors have reverse. but if you wannt the best drag machine, get the banshee.

...well, their not as bad as everyone says they are in tight trails. It all depends on how you are as a rider. I used to have a bit of a tricky time, but as I got better, I was able to fly through the real tight trails. Then again, I rarely ever leave 2nd, but I no longer have any trouble running away from my buddies 300ex in the woods.
don't get me wrong, banshees are awesome machines. i know how the perform on drag. and i've riden w/ plenty in woods.

but just from what i've experienced, novice riders won't keep on the gas and foul out plugs. i've been riding w/ a guy that got a banshee about 6 months ago. and when he first started he fouled them out one after the other in tight woods. but once he got used to it he was fine.

i've also noticed him shifting alot more. as long as i'm no more than two gears off i can pull fine. but on hiss banshee he's constantly shifting to find the right gear.

it all depends on where you ride, and basically if you want a 2-stroke or 4-stroke. but i wouldn't get a 400ex, a raptor can be tuned to handle better than a 400ex and are faster in stock form. banshee's are great machines, and if i had the money i would have one in my garage, but i love my rappy, and for where i ride i wouldn't trade it for a banshee.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor

Originally posted by: sandblaster360
my dads shee has a few mods and he rarly gets beat.

on my dads I run fifth and sixth gear in an up hill sand drag and have never been beatin by a rappy.

I would definetly choose a shee over a rappy.(JUST MY 2cents)
I have never heard of a slightly modded banshee pulling 5th or 6th up a sand hill, unless of corse it isnt a steep one... where do u drag at?

Old 04-09-2004, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor

well I comparing it to the drag banshee's I see up there.

here are the mods that it has. and I only weigh 110lbs.

toomey t-5s
K&N clamp-ons
rejeted
he sent the top end in to mission yamaha
and they ported and polished it, and shaved the head. (ya know all that good stuff)
110 octain racing fuel.
and more but he wont answer his phone
so I'll have to edit this post when I can
get him to answer. he's prolly watchin
that girls gone wild movie again.j/k. LMAO

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]