Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

starting raptor w/ no key

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting raptor w/ no key

btw, thanks sixsixt for backing me up. i remember you. I havent been on the forum in a while because ive been on www.thumpertalk.com because i plan on getting the yz250f. I remember being on this forum back when there was all this feuding between these two guys of who had the fastest raptor. Each guy would always have an excuse and they would make posts trying to get each other banned. Anyone remember that? thanks

Old 04-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

i got your PM sixsixt. If possible, i dont wanna do anything that changes the configuration permanently. If possible id rather just unclip things and attach things, rather than cutting and splicing or whatever. if anyone can help me...and rider....please PM either me or him. WE wanna ride. thanks

Old 04-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well if you do own one, then why don't you call your dealer and ask him.

Old 04-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

well lets see....its 930pm so there not open smart a$$ and id like to do it NOW

and um lets see, almost a year ago i have a post asking why my RAPTOR's carb boots keep popping off. I guess i was just eager to find out how to correct problems on the raptor a year before i stole it. good one...you caught me.

this isnt a big deal. If nobody knows thats fine. But if you do know, please help me out so i can go riding the first sunny day we've had in like 5 days.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

on our old trail bike. we lost the key. so we just took out the key thing and put a toggle switch on it. it works fine.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

sorry I'm such a smart a$$, but you posted this well before 930pm.....so why didn't you call then??

Old 04-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

damn, u caught me. Fine, i "borrowed the quad" for a lil from some kid a couple towns down. i just wanna take it for a ride and then ill give it back....i promise. I never rode a powerful quad before. you gotta have some pity.

lol....gimme a break.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Hey I've got the same problem with my Raptor....also, could someone tell me how to unlock a Kryptonite lock without a key? I left that key at home too.

Oh, how slow do I have to walk if I don't want the motion sensor lights to come on?

Oh, I also need to know how to get a big dog to go to sleep without killing it.

j/k
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2004, 06:59 AM
Pro Rider

Lol this is funny. But for all seriousness, If you fillow the 2 main wires ronning down from your key switch, they will tie into a small 2 prong white clip. Just grab em and yank, and they should pop right out. Then take a small wire, about 3 inches long, any wire will do, and jump the 2 together. This will act as if the key is on, and they have to be connected all the time for it to run. I know this because I hit a jump, and my TAGS broke, out in the boonies, and it pulled the 2 wires out. THen we couldn't get them to stay in so we jumped a wire across and ended up using a twig to make them stay for the bumpy ride. If this isn't clear enough, just ask. And if this results in a theft of a quad, someone didn't lock it up properly. Yopu can always pop it into neautral and roll it out and into a truck wth out a key. Write that down

Old 04-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I would like too see a permanent fix too throw the key away and not have too jump wires or run the battery dead. If a thief is gonna take your quad the key switch will not be a deterrant anyway. The keyed switch is sort of a false sense of security for the owner.
Gary

Quick Reply: starting raptor w/ no key