Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Windrock

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windrock

Just got back from 9 days in Tennessee. We had a great time, except for the weather. For some reason, Mother Nature seems to know when we are there. It was in the 80's all week until Saturday, the day after our arrival. Then three straight days of rain, and I mean all day rain. On Wednesday, I took a picture of SNOW!! Up on the top part of the mountain, there it was. Man, middle of April, middle of Tennesse, wasn't expecting snow. But, still a great time.

The trails are in ok shape. They were fixing trail 24, there is a bad hill off the paved road. Trail 16 is pretty rough, but if you like a challenge, go for it. I rode it on my Predator, but it was pretty dry at the time. Recommend going out the trail, rather than coming back to the parking lot. They have the paved road closed during the week, but they are opening it on the weekend. Supposedly, it will be open Friday evening. 12 is still a challenge, as well as 19. We went to the flats, rode 56 and came up Roundrock. 51 miles, and my Dad was pretty wore out. But we had smiles on for the whole ride.

I know there is some question about paying for people who are just passengers. Like in a jeep or riding on the back of a quad. As of RIGHT NOW, EVERYONE PAYS. I know everyone would like to blame the club for that, but it's out of their hands. Coal Creek has waffled on this issue, so blame them and not the club officers. There is going to be no camping in the lot for the spring ride. You'll have to go to the campground down the road. It's a few miles down the pavement, there is a link to it on Windrock's site, I believe.

Also, there is a place for you to park you 4 wheelers. When you are coming down the road, it will be a half mile or so before the parking lot. It's on the left, and there is a red sign on the phone pole. We know the guy who lives there, and you would do well to leave your machines there, rather than drag them back to your hotel. He will watch them well for you, and I do believe he'd shoot somebody if necessary. lol....So, if you need a good place to leave em, that would be a good choice.

I talked to one of the club guys. They already have close to 300 pre-registered for the ride next weekend. It wouldn't be a stretch to say there will be somewhere near a thousand riders. If you are going, GET THERE REAL EARLY. If you are going on any of the rides, try the ones that go to the Flats, Panther Bluff, and Roundrock. If someone is riding Rat Trap, and you like technical trails, it's a fun one.

If anyone has any specific questions, let me know.

Scott