Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

spark arrestor raptor

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark arrestor raptor

has anybody tooken out their spark arrestor in their stock pipe? do u recommend it and does it help at all?

Old 04-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

I dont recommend it. Got pulled over by the forest service coming down from the Sierra Anchas into Pumpkin Center and the guy checked both of our quads for spark arrestors. Also got checked for it at 11 mile wash.

Old 04-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

My buddy and I took ours out at St. Anthony's sand dunes and it seemed to help. It may have just sounded cooler Im not sure if it "actually" boosts performance. I definitly recommend it either way. Turtler does have a good point though about the forest service. If you do alot of riding in public land leave that baby in. Besides who wants to burn the forest down!!!

Old 04-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

The Forest Service wants to burn it down thats who . Something to look for when you purchase a aftermarket pipe system . Some arent USFS approved .
ASK First

Old 04-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Outlawlawndragster
The Forest Service wants to burn it down thats who . Something to look for when you purchase a aftermarket pipe system . Some arent USFS approved .
ASK First
Even that doesnt help. I have a ct pipe with the disc style arrestor. It says "USFS Approved Spark Arrestor" right on the end cap. They had never seen a disc setup before and detained me for 10 minutes as they questioned me. Finally they shut up when I gave the number for ct and told them to call...Morons

They clearcut and burn the darn forests and riding areas all around in michigan. DNR is worse. You cant ride an atv or even a horse, but they can remove all the trees. I'd like to see a comparison of the erosion that each activity causes...

Old 04-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer

thanks will try it out

Old 04-20-2004, 11:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

could someone tell me how to get it out. Feelin kinda stupid here. I was told it would slide out after removing the bolt...NOT

Old 04-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer

I didnt mean to sound like a tree hugger up top there I just threw that in to reinforce the idea of leaving the stock spark arrestor in if alot of forest service riding was being done. In other words, there isnt enough social benefit in taking the spark arrestor out, to justify doing so. If your looking to go aftermarket, I have had good luck, as with many, with my FMF powercore IV exhaust and FMF powerbomb header. My only advise is stick to one company if you get your exhaust in installments. So you know...... "Floor it till you see the lights"!!!!

Old 04-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

its no prob cuz i ride in arizona mainly round desert dirt n rarely see a tree or two but also does anybody have any recommendations on takin it out like the guy on top wrote. ive been wrenchin at it and no true luck so far

Old 04-21-2004, 02:08 AM
Trailblazer

yah man its cake!!!! First make sure you took the little screw out of it that holds it in place. Then what I did was I took a pair of pliers (channel locks) and squeezed the crap out of it, then I took a hammer with the other hand and hit the pliers. Work your way around with that idea and it will eventually give. Good luck to you! I know that will work. Its what it took for me as well.

Quick Reply: spark arrestor raptor