Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Ballpark HP Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004 | 03:28 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Ballpark HP Numbers?

so should i go 12:5:1 and, run 100 - 110 or, should i be safe and run 11:1, save the starter clutches and, run premium pump gas or 100?

Old 04-22-2004 | 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaptBags
How much Horsepower do the (for instance Craycraft) 686's make. What about the 727's.

I'm hearing some #'s that scare me and, i'm trying to get them out of my head. If they are what I think they are i wish i'd have saved my $ and, just stayed piped. 5 Hp over the #'s stated by the Pipe shootouts from the top pipe compared to a 686 and, 2k+ is STUPID!

Stock Raptor is 35 supposedly = If the pipe kits in the Dritwheels shootout were making 45 HP+ and, now i find out the a 686 will get you 50 maybe 55. That is a useless waste of big $! A Pipe and, jet kit get you 10hp+ and, a worked 686 (with bigger valves, high comp piston, stage 2 cam, porting) will get you 5 more? UNREAL!

Yeah i'm venting! Calming, Venting, Calming.............. Heating up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I have to say is ride a good 686 or 727 and then ride a piped and jetted rappy. You will FEEL the difference! There is NO comparison! You will be on here talking about how awsome it is instead of trying to vent! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2004 | 04:58 PM
|
Pro Rider

i'd love to ride one but, there is none by me.

I will have mine back in a week or too so.... I just hope it is worth it! I think the wait is killing me most.

Old 04-22-2004 | 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Thomez - Wow, that helped my desion. Seeing the 450 came out 2 months after i bought my Raptor and, no one knew anything about it at the time. Buying that wasn't even an option. So know, instead fo deciding on compression with my motor apart on a bench somewhere in AZ i'll tell them to take my motor and, trade it in a their local dealer. Brilliant!

You didn't make the decision to dump this $$$ into the Rappy within the past 10 months?

Old 04-22-2004 | 07:15 PM
|
Pro Rider

Yeah, i did but, i like the Raptor and, that is why i bought it. Supposedly the 686 Raptor smokes the Piped 450 so , i'd be in worse shape. Still not sure how buying a 450 was the answer to my questions?

Old 04-22-2004 | 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
I think a 686 like mine with the FCR's, oversized vavles, and all that good stuff will put out 60-65hp. I like to think that anyways, and it certainly feels that way when you open her up.
FCR's and over sized valves don't really add that much top end. When I talked to Bob about possibly getting oversized valves he said save your money cause they don't help on the 686 much. And as for FCR's I've heard from a few people that it only helped there throttle response and low to mid power and didn't notice any improvement in top end power/speed. It has alot more consistant fuel flow too keeps things running the same all the time.

Old 04-22-2004 | 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, i did but, i like the Raptor and, that is why i bought it. Supposedly the 686 Raptor smokes the Piped 450 so , i'd be in worse shape. Still not sure how buying a 450 was the answer to my questions?
The question was did you waste your money, my answer was that it could have been better spent. That is my opinion. Don't like it, ok. No sweat off my nuts.

Old 04-22-2004 | 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thomez
The question was did you waste your money, my answer was that it could have been better spent. That is my opinion. Don't like it, ok. No sweat off my nuts.
If you know basic economics you'd realize that the cost-benefit to him was greater for the Rappy, SOOO to him he spent his money in the best way he could. Arguing over this is pointless when dealing with how you think he should spend his money, it's none of your business.

Old 04-22-2004 | 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

[i]
I did this hole thing to try to compete w/ my buddies Banshees and, YFZ 450s who have a bit of work done (450's just pipes). We ride all types of terrain from the dunes, to trails, to MX Jumping. Wanted a reliable as possible but faster enigine and, i'll be gfetting a slightly faster time bomb for all that dough? )@!$%!@#(@_)(@!$_(&!W@#)*@&R#_)~@($_)@~%$_(*!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sorry but the ticking time bomb part was pretty funny.

Hay look on the bright site if it grenades you can put one of those 7?? what ever things in it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2004 | 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

SORRY JUST CANT STOP LAUGHING![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ballpark HP Numbers?