Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Aledo Trailer Park June race update

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aledo Trailer Park June race update

I'll race anyone, I don't care. If I win great if I loose o well better luck next year! I just want to see everybody again and have a good time.

Same here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

I will be running a wheelie bar. In March replaced all my plastic fenders, head light, oil resivor, handle bars & grab bar do to my DS doing a back flip @ the starting line. Approx. $600.00 in damage. It's a wheelie bar for now on for me.

Do you think ATV Sport magazine would print a picture of someone doing a back flip & having a caption "WISH I HAD A WHEELIE BAR"

Old 04-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

Im trying to hitch a ride with mitchy boy to see some of you guys, if i go your all in trouble...

Ill bring some of that california sticky....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I aint running no wheelie bar either...

Old 04-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont have any problem running people with wheelie bars. If I could get my hands on one for cheap I would be running it!

Old 04-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

if someone has a "low cost" stock bore stock stroke 650cc/660cc slightly modified motor with NOS or turbo as their soul source of power they can only run the open class? you could let them run class 5 and give 2 first place awards if necessary - one for all motor and a second if the NOS/Turbo won. is nitro allowed in class 5?

The open class has big bore/stroke w/power adders which is two enhancements over stock, not one like the turbo or NOS scenario.

Or you could run classes by cc only.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Bad660r- You can run in more than one class, as long as you go up and not dowm.

Scooby- I will sort it out

Wheelie bars- NEW IDEA ( don't shoot the messenger) Wheelie bars allowed in every class but if you run a wheelie bar you have to run against another quad with a wheelie bar if a wheelie bar quad is availible before running againt a quad with out a wheelie bar.

THIS IS A DRAG EVENT and wheelie bars will be okay, just have to get them placed correctly.

WOULD THE GUYS THAT HAVE WHEELIE BARS BE INTERESTED IN RUNNING WITH OUT THEM IN THE CORRECT CLASS AND THEN BOLT THEM ON AND RUN THE SAME CLASS AGAIN (2 SEPERATE THROPHIES) My goal for doing this is to have more than 20 built quads in every class so you guys can say you ran against the best quads in the USA

THE RAPTOR MAN- A nice friendly side wager- The loser (most likely you) will have to install a sticker on the quad for 30 days. I will have it made up. If by a miricle of the ATV Gods that you win i would have a sticker on my quad that reads "a trinity whipped up on my craycraft" or "craycraft smoked my trinty" Just remember i control the starting lights. LOL

Old 04-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

another reason to sort out wheeliebars is overrides. overrides will have an advantage, but I would think people running overrides would also run a wheeliebar, so if something was agreed upon for wheeliebars it might also cover overrides at the same time.

regardless, I think it would be worth while when posting the official results, listing who all the entires were and all the details of what each bike had - override/wheeliebar, cc, fuel, NOS/TURBO, extended arm, struts/suspension, reaction time, etc. that way it puts the results in better perspective.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mark, I dont see how you are gonna have enough day light to run all the classes unless you start at 9:30 am. Sundown should be close to 9:00PM so that will give you 12hrs for all the races and an 1 hour break for lunch. It would be really nice if everyone could PRE REGISTER in the class they will be running in, so that you guys could actually get a better idea of just how long each class with take. If thier are some late entree's that show up, they will have to race in the class you put them, No if,ands,or BUTS.

Also Everyone needs to remember to bring $20 for adults,and $5 for kids. This should help you recover some of the costs from your personal account. If you go race anywhere else in the US it will cost you atleast this much,and you wont have NEAR the competition nor the wonderful time for your friends& family. I think it will be a DEAL at this price. I dont mean to speak for you about this subject , but it is only fair, and I think everyone will agree, it just hasn't been brought up yet.

Bigger.

Old 04-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

I'll run with and without a wheelie bar for grins. I've got a +2 swingarm, get the camcorder ready:-) Make those races far enough apart that we don't have to keep swapping the wheelie bar on and off between races. I like your idea of the wheelie bars going against each other first in each class.

I'm in for early registration but should it be $$ per head or per class raced?

Old 04-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

pre-registration (in advance) with details of your setup might make it easier to sort out classes.

ideas: have your class be determined by a time trial.

remember this is not the NHRA! everyone isn't building very similar setups for drag race only, following a set of rules published in advance to build to. this is recreational racing. you have to accomodate everyone as best you can.

Quick Reply: Aledo Trailer Park June race update