Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is it fast

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it fast

How fast is the yfz 450? and is it as fast as a stock banshee? also i am a begginer will i be able to handle the maintanence?

Im eather getting the yfz 450 or the banshee which ever is easier to maintain.

thanks.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Is it fast

dude i woudlnt get a yfz or a shee if yur a beginner they are both for advanced riders, but if you want one that bad the yfz is way better, better shocks, more power, ect.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Is it fast

also the yfz if a 4-stroke, the banshee is a 2-stroke. so mantinence wise the yfz would be easier to maintain

Old 04-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Is it fast

Originally posted by: blasterofdisaster
dude i woudlnt get a yfz or a shee if yur a beginner they are both for advanced riders, but if you want one that bad the yfz is way better, better shocks, more power, ect.

He's right, both are for advanced, but i would go with the yfz 450, but for advice, as a beginner, y not get a rap 350. . .

Old 04-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...
Default Is it fast

If you are a beginner either of those bikes can and will HURT you. See if you can test drive them first. Have you ever ridden a 70+mph and a manual clutch? I will try to post some pics of my cousin and my 250r after a WOT wreck. not pretty. Just a thought.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:34 PM
Range Rover
Default Is it fast

well, i started out on a blaster.... and now i got a raptor, the blaster is quite small, but it taught me a lot about 4wheelers and power and all that. the banshes's got a ocean of things you can do to them, the yfz is new, but they too already got alot of mods out for them. the banshee is 2 stroke, and the yfz 4 stroke, banshee has an arm ripping powerband, ive never rode a 450, but ive seen one on the trails, and they arent too bad. the 4 strokes are easier to maintane.... and the 2 strokes u gotta rebuild at least once a year. but i would go with the banshee.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Is it fast

when i get one i will take it easy till i am sure i can handle it. i wanna start with the best so i dont have to buy another atv in a couple years. also is the yfz 450 easy to upgrade like the banshee.

thanks

Old 04-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Is it fast

i would say get a z400/dvx/kfx so you have reverse as well

Old 04-27-2004, 02:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is it fast

You dont have to rebuild 2 strokes once a year. I have had many go years without opening the jug. Only racers need worry about such frequent maintenance. With the high revs and compression of the yfz, there could be maintenance problems as well, its too soon to tell for sure.

If you have never owned an atv, then these machines are probably not for you. You can literally kill yourself in the blink of an eye on either of these bikes and they are much harder to control than other atvs. I would suggest a smaller quad to learn on, a cheap piece of used junk. Then, after you have broken it and beat it to death and learned all you can from it, get a hi po quad like one of these. If you have the money to get a brand new shee or yfz, you can afford a junker first.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Is it fast

KInd of depends on your age and ability . The 450 is a great bike . Yes I ride a raptor but hey ~` If you use your head and ride smart you will be fine . You could get hurt just as fast if not faster on a piece of junk . YFZ are easy to handle and run pretty sweet . Do yourself a HUGE favor and buy a good helmet riding boots pants googles .
Alway remeber this DONT LET YOUR ***** OUT RUN YOUR BRAIN

Quick Reply: Is it fast