Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What will these MODS do for my Warrior?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004 | 01:15 AM
|
Range Rover
Default What will these MODS do for my Warrior?????

Right now its bone stock. K&N filter only.

Has a Nitrous system on it too.

How much of a pick up am i looking at by doing these mods.

Adding a

Team Alba Racing Pipe.

Cam & spring kit Alba Kit.

Also, should i use this JE piston with this kit for the Nitrous? I can get a custom Diamond Piston made that will take the Juice, but will i be ok with the one in this kit? Do you guys think this would be a considerable pickup? Would you do more while the motor is out that doesnt cost and arm and a leg? Thanks,.

Old 04-27-2004 | 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

pretty well sure it would make a big difference, i really want to ride something like that with nos how complicated was it and how much?

Old 04-27-2004 | 01:31 AM
|
Range Rover

Kurt,

wasnt that bad at all. Pretty ease to hook up. I was kind of skidish about it at first, but my buddy who used to race a Banshee said it will be fine. He had a 97' Banshee i believe it was with Trinity built motor. Trinity dynoed his bike and it made 98hp on the rear tires on the motor no nitrous. Trinity tested it in Cali at a local 1/8 track and ran a best 6.21 @ 117mph. So i kind of figured he new his stuff...lol. But he doesnt know much about 4-Strokes.

I do a website for Cold Fusion Nitrous Systems and i get pretty good cut deal with them. I can get away with a kit for one for about $350 or so. Only thing it doesnt come with is a fuel pump. Go to auto parts and buy the cheapest 12 volt pump they got. $40.00 i think it was.

Nitrous would be killer on a Raptor or y450. But for a lil Warrior it skoots pretty good. Out-ran a 400ex with some mod done to it easily. So its runs pretty good. Only thing i can tell you to is that Smaller sprockets suck on a atv if you got Nitrous. The Nitrous raps the motor up extremely fast. If you add Nitrous to it, Nitrous does better with a load on it. Especially with a 4-Stroke. Lug it some, the Nitrous loves it! A good pill setting on a Cold Fusion Kit is 22Nitrous, 18Fuel. Thats what i have in mine right now. Been threw 7-9 bottles so far. No Problems yet......

Old 04-27-2004 | 01:42 AM
Trailblazer

sweet a friend has a warrior and is wanting it faster and we considered doing a engine swap from a r6 but the frame couldn't support it unless we went through alot of trouble. We have been discussing nos for our machines i'll let you know how and were things go. We put on a fmf power core modified the hell out of the airbox and jetted it with dynojets kit and it's a different four wheeler from stock.

Old 05-24-2004 | 03:12 AM
Trailblazer

hey how fast will your warrior go with nitrous?

Old 05-24-2004 | 06:36 AM
Pro Rider

Rebuild the crank with a better rod and have it welded so you can run a bigger shot. You do need a pipe though. Better have your banshee buddy help you get the jetting spot on though so you dont burn her up.

Old 05-24-2004 | 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

You will notice a big gain! Just put that kit into a friends Wolverine. The JE piston that comes in the kit is a 11 to 1, not sure if that is good or bad for NOS.