Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

aluminum raptor axle

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 01:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aluminum raptor axle

When aluminum stresses it bends. Because titanium is so hard, it is somewhat brittle. Anytime you have a very hard substance that is prone to abuse it will crack, not bend. So when having a anything on your done in titanium, keep that deciding factor in mind. . Try to keep your facts straight on that one. Id much rather run an aluminum axle then a ti axle.

Furthermore, your 40mm aluminum axles take a hell of a beating to deformate. Chances are if your drag racing you'll never come across a bent LONESTAR axle. Most of you guys consider drag racing a flat sport, but take a bike up the 2 foot glamis whoops at 60+ and that aluminum axle handles mx type applications.

Lastly the weight savings on a 250r going from a stock axle to a aluminum axle is 11 pounds.

Old 05-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan

Lastly the weight savings on a 250r going from a stock axle to a aluminum axle is 11 pounds.
The stock axles are that much heavier? R u talking about swing arms or axles?

Old 05-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

Guys.. not to hurt this topic or anything but DO NOT BUY A DURABLUE AXLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a durablue on my raptor and it is garbage.. It doesn't have a true warrenty.. or anything of that sort.. buy an rpm dominator it is the best axle for MX and all the pros have it!!! I know this topic is for racing but im talking about MX and the rpm dominator is the best fot MX -Cruz-

Old 05-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

thoubht aluminum axles were strictly for drag?
wonder if aluminum would hold up to trail riding?

Old 05-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Right on guys, Now where talking shop. I'd like to start of by saying, No raptorBoy4Life.
Your not hurting this topic. Thats why its here, To get feed back. And Jsyi, Yes there's that much weight difference. To DabeechMan and Askafari, You guy seems to be knowledgeable
on the proporties of metal, but Titanium is not as brittle as u might think. The entire shell of
the SR-71 Blackbird is made from Titanium because it is so stong and heat really does not affect its proporties very much. And Finally Dfitz, Yes I have many projects going on. As for what other products do I have out. Chances are some of you may already have some on your bikes. But they are under another manufactures name. But we've had a falling out and I'm no longer doing stuff for them. I'd rather not say what manufactuer it is (FBR), but I will say they do lable there product for others with there name on it. Most notable are Denton, Jannsen, Eyeball, and ATV 4 Play.

So far most of what I have produced have been for the Banshee. I have manufactured the Maifolds, Handle Bar Clamps, Break Block Offs, Break Line Clamps, Chain Guides and Break Fluid Reseroirs. All Aluminum Billit Products I soon hope to have the Aluminum Axles, Fuel Injection System, and if all goes well how does a SuperCharger w/ Fuel Injecton sound.
The SuperCharger will be incorporated into an Aluminum Billit Stator Cover and driven directly off the crankshaft. I'm not sure if you can call it a true SuperCharger, but it works off the same principles. I like to call it the "PoorMans Blower". I guess its kind of a Hybred between a SuperCharger and a TurboCharger. Its a pretty simple but yet effective way of gettin more horsepower out of the motor at a price that the everyday rider can afford. Were wanting to get atleast 15-25 Hp out of it if not more.

In the price range of around $500.00 - $1000.00 you'll get an Aluminum Billit Stator Cover/w the "Blower" Incorporated inside, the Aluminum Billit Injector Body, the Fuel Pressurization System, an On The Fly Rich/Lean Fuel adjustment, and all the nessary Hardware to hook the complet system up. Not to mention the Horsepower you'll gain, Thats a lot of bang for the buck in my opinion. If you have any Question feel free to E-mail me at Dimondewy@yahoo.com.... I be more than happy to tell you guy's more.

Were hopping to have the system ready for a west coast Drag Race the middle of May
and availible for the public soon after. Tentatively we plan on offering it exclusily through us and on E-Bay so keep your eyes open.