Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

OMFG I LOVE MY BANSHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMFG I LOVE MY BANSHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by: Devin246
what about fmf fattys?

I've got Fatty's on my Banshee.... They're nice, I like them. But these guys are right, you wanna wake that sleeping giant up? Get a set of pipes, take the airbox lid off, and jet it. What a beast!

Lt84

Old 05-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

On a stock port motor I would get t5s or pro circuit platinums. They both perform pretty close, but i think the pc rev a little higher. I like them because they have good mid range and top end, instead of like fmfs that doesnt have much top end.

Old 05-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

FMF makes three pipes? you cant classify all fmf pipes as being the same. Fattys have as much top end as procircuts. I feel there the same pipe but fattys work better on modded motors and they have good looking silencers. If that matters to you. As for FMF gnarleys there close to fattys but a lil lowerend. SST's are a lil higher end then fattys but like T6 in that they suck on shees with mods.

Old 05-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

u guys are saying that the T5s are better than the T6s...but from the website they are saying that the T6s are better....
The TR-6 design is more than 8 horsepower stronger in acceleration, low and mid-range power and better than 5 hp stronger at peak, than even our own market leading T-5 pipe. This places the TR-6 pipe way out in front of all other manufacturers of Yamaha Banshee racing exhaust systems

Old 05-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Let me refrase that. T6's may produce a hp or 2 more then the t5's on a bone stock bike. However with other mods the t6's start to fall on there face while the t5's continue to improve.

And of course there gonna say t6's are better there the newer one's. They want the people with the t5's to buy new t6's. it's a bussiness.

Old 05-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

lol alright u explained that good...i wasnt trying to start anything i was just wondering...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
then get the t-5s

Old 05-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on your new Shee.They are Awesome sounding Quads piped.And pretty much rule the Dunes.And thats coming from me that is a Honda guy.

late,zubbeyboy

Old 05-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

Anyone have any experience with dynoports single banshee pipe? I guess it's suposed to be great for low end and mid range. I'm considering getting a banshee soon, are they really that hard to ride in the woods? I currently have a 350x and used to own a tri Z 250 last year. I've also heard bad things about the air box set-up, anyone have any comments on it?

Old 05-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Range Rover

just that where the air box sits {right under your seat} if you like the water your shee wont like you. i love mine in the woods i just dont go romping through the water is all

Old 05-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Trailblazer

Is there anything that can be done to help with the air box problem? Sometimes where I ride you have to go through a mud hole or 2, no getting around it. When you say romping through the water do you mean water up to your seat deep?

Quick Reply: OMFG I LOVE MY BANSHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!