Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

click from warrior

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default click from warrior

so are you guys sure the starter is my problem¿¿¿¿????

Old 05-02-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

pretty much positive.. take the 2 bolts that hold your starter in, then remove starter.. go to a bench take the other 2 bolts out that hold the starter togethere and see if the brushes are still there.. if there are no brushes or smells like something burned to **** then its your starter..

Old 05-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

lol both my brushes are there we sanded them down and still does the same thing... Im so confused lol I thought it was my battery wires were corroded straight through but i tryed by passing the wires by using booster cables and it still did the same thing heh figures... The thing that makes me mad is by the time i take it in to the shop to get it look at either there will be a 500+ $ bill or it will be something extremely stupid such as a loose connection, but ive gone over the ground connection the battery connections and everything i can think of...

Old 05-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

hold on i posted a tread for this same thing just 2 months ago it turned out to
be the actual button itself it had gotton corroded from water and was slightly rusted
but if you already tried the wrench between the selinoid then that shouldn't be it .
when you put the wrench between the selinoid did you see a spark?

Old 05-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

happend to my 300ex, it was because when i washed my quad off the water did somthing to the wires and i needed to put this "goo" stuff on the connecting spots where 2 wires connected. then it fired right up

Old 05-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Range Rover

there is no spark between the solinoid. will someone give me a step by step way to take the starter off, i don't want to mess it up! thanks

Old 05-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

First disconnect the battery cable from the battery, next remove the battery cable connected to the starter, next remove the two bolts on the right hand side of the starter. the bolts on the left side hold the starter together.
the starter can now be removed from the engine, you may have to wiggle and pull abit to get it loose. I would then test the starter by connecting a 12 volt car battery or bike battery if it has a good charge. connect the positive side to the starter cable bolt and the negative side to the starter body. you should get a spark ant the starter should turn over if the starter works. if this does not work , i would take the starter apart an check the brushes and armature to see what condition they are in.
let me know
Ray

Old 05-03-2004, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

a friends warrior was doin the same thing but we could start it by shorting out the relay with a screwdriver but he eventually replaced it

Old 05-04-2004, 02:18 AM
Trailblazer

Im surprised how many people have had or have this problem... My quad started doing this when i got stuck in 3 feet of snow so im thinking something got wet that wasnt supposed to... But what can you expect when the wire harness is RIGHT UNDER THE REAR FENDER!!! lol what a joke that is why didnt yamaha seal off the electrical stuff on the warrior???

Old 05-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

I have the same problem. Yamaha needs to make an upgrade to cover them up or something don't ya'll think?

Quick Reply: click from warrior