Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

About the video section

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About the video section

This site is about ATV's, right? Why are most of the videos in the video section not related to atv's? If people are submitting videos about atv's, why are they not being posted? If it is a quality thing, post them and have a day long vote to see if the readers want them left on or not! In my opinion, I paid my money to see videos with ATV'S in them, I don't want to see two wheel bikes doing tricks down the roads, that's not what this site is about. This site is about people and their ATV's.

IMO

Stan

Old 05-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

you paid money to join this site???

Old 05-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer

stans a "supporting member' only supporting members can see the videos.
you pay to be a supporting member and you get a ball cap i believe

Old 05-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

and ur supporting the site that has been helping me with my atv questions/problems for years

Old 05-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

firefighter, how about that video i think its called "glammis chicks"... i dont think that one has much to do with atv's lol but its still good

Old 05-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

I would just like to see more videos. I like watching videos on other things besides atv's too, but as long as it doesnt come to the point where there are more non atv videos than ones of atv's. I'm not sure what the case is, if nobody is submitting videos anymore, or if they are just not being posted. I remember Dave (dbeck) saying he wanted to space out the posting of videos so every one of them would be watched, but I think there should be more new videos that once a month. If there are really no new videos to be posted please correct me.

Old 05-02-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

I choose the videos that get selected for the gallery. Most of the videos that have a thumbnail showing a motorcycle also have ATV footage. A lot of those videos have a mix of all kinds of rides. There are a few with no ATV footage at all. But well over 90% of the videos are about ATVs.

Old 05-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I have watched most of the videos and most have a few seconds of atv's. Like HiFlyn said, I would like to see more videos of atv's! Yes I am a supporting member, and yes I paid my $20 and got the hat, but it seems that there are more non-atv videos in that section then there are about atv's. From what I have seen, there are more videos from professional's trying to sell there videos about people doing crazy stuff on two wheel bikes then people just trying to let people see what they do with their atv's. Just look at the 5 most recent on the main page, a truck doing a burnout, a monster truck, a motorcycle doing a wheely past a cop car and two guys doing burnouts with flames coming off the wheels, what does this have to do with atv's?

I guess my point is that there should be more videos posted more often.

dbeck, I am not picking or trying to cause trouble, but I think that if people submit a video for others to watch, shoudn't it be posted quicker? I have heard of poeple waiting a long time to get a video posted and some don't get posted at all! If it is a matter of space, dump the older videos and replace them with newer ones.

Again, this is just my opinion

Stan

Old 05-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FireFighter69ca
Just look at the 5 most recent on the main page, a truck doing a burnout, a monster truck, a motorcycle doing a wheely past a cop car and two guys doing burnouts with flames coming off the wheels, what does this have to do with atv's?
My crew and I are in the clip with the 2 bikes doing burnouts with flames coming off the wheels. It's just the trailer to the full DVD....there are some ATV shots in the trailer (not a ton, but some) and they are all of us. By the way...I'm the first ATV you see....the fool falling on his head. Hahahahah.

-Josh

Old 05-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

FireFighter69ca,

If you became a supporting member simply for the videos that was the wrong reason to join. Supporting members are people who want to help support the forums and who want to give a little back for all of the money the forum has saved them and for all of the friends they've made here and for the good times. The videos are a bonus and that's all they are meant to be.

Quick Reply: About the video section