Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is the ct pipe kit worth the $660 dollars for the raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the ct pipe kit worth the $660 dollars for the raptor?

Ok i am looking at buying the ct pipe kit for the raptor, i did a search here and some people say it is great but others say it sucks. I also saw that some people said that slip on was the way to go, is the ct kit as good as they say it is, dose it produce that much power, I have also been hearing rumors that it is diffuclt to toon, if the ct is junk what do you guys run as far as pipes, I dont want to be spending 600 plus and then get a pipe that is junk and dosent perform as good as its supposed, thanks for the help

Old 05-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

its loud but as i can recall a few years back in dirtwheels it added 12 or 14 horsepower

Old 05-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It depends....for the $660 do you get a k&n filter, and jets to go with the pipe....or is it just a pipe?

Old 05-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Trailblazer

yea i saw the aritcle many people from this site think that it was rigged in favor of ct so i dont know what to believe, i am also consened about riding without a air box lid, i will be riding in muddy areas so i am not sure if i am going to the this route with ct or not,if i dont go with ct i have no clue what else i would get,

Old 05-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

I would NOT take the lid off if your riding in mud its only for dry conds. The Graydon Proline Full System for the Rap is very close to the CT Ive heard.....

Old 05-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Graydon is exatcally the same as CT, and I do believe you get the filter and jets included in that price. If not i'd say spend your money on the LTE duels!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer

ok as of right now i look to be leaning toward the yoshi full, but is there any performance diffences between the titanium and the regular pipe other than one is light than the other thanks

Old 05-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog542k3
Ok i am looking at buying the ct pipe kit for the raptor, i did a search here and some people say it is great but others say it sucks. I also saw that some people said that slip on was the way to go, is the ct kit as good as they say it is, dose it produce that much power, I have also been hearing rumors that it is diffuclt to toon, if the ct is junk what do you guys run as far as pipes, I dont want to be spending 600 plus and then get a pipe that is junk and dosent perform as good as its supposed, thanks for the help

Something you might want to consider if your in the market for a pipe is going through Power Pros.. Alot of people have never heard of them but the make pipes for a lot of big name shops like CT Racing, Hetricks, Graydon ect. There Raptor pipes are in the mid 400s I think.. Good company, great products, and priced for a working mans wallet lol... www.thepowerpros.com

Old 05-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

how about the curtis sparks x-6?

Old 05-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: BigBubba
Graydon is exatcally the same as CT, and I do believe you get the filter and jets included in that price. If not i'd say spend your money on the LTE duels!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
No, they graydon has a different silencer, only the headpipes are the same.

The ct is availible in a number of different packages from pipe only to pipe, jets, K&N or uni, crankcase breather, and more. www.ctracing.com has the price list for all of these when you go into the raptor section.

The ct pipe is great for the raptor. Its hp gains put it in the top of the heap with sparks and duncan. LTE is new and yet to be proven on the strip. They look trick, but supposedly give up a few hp from the sparks and ct setups.

Quick Reply: Is the ct pipe kit worth the $660 dollars for the raptor?