Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Unseen Raptor test pics !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2000, 10:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to "tprender" for these exclusive shots.

tprender, please if you make your way into this string, repeat what you mentioned, and any details we may be interested in. Maybe then ,folks will realize that this is for real! Thanks.

Ive posted the pictures on a web page, for all to see. Head over to :
http://www.alltel.net/~jmwj/raptor.html

Enjoy - I cant wait !

Old 07-28-2000, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

That's a nice looking 400!

Everything about the Raptor impresses me except the looks.

Old 07-29-2000, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I think that the yellow 400 is good looking. Honda copied from me. But that is not what most of you want to know. A friend from this Yam after doing some detecitive work after going to a race and hearing stories that someone had one. This person was given it in the middle of June to do a run(riding) test for Yam before they releasted it. When we say it, it had about 1700 miles and 71 hours on the machine. Don't write it is going back to Yam around the 1st of Aug to be taken apart and looked at for wear before they releast them.
We were not alouded to ride it, but we could touch. I did ride behind it on about a 3 mile trail that was full of 2 to 3 ft jumps. It looked very good coming off the jumps and goings around the corners. It seems to be geared very high. We did drag race the 2 quads 6 times for about 50 yds. The Raptor beat my 400 every time. He said that he did the same with a Banishee and the Raptor was faster after 3rd gear.
Yamaha put a speedo on the quad and it might be a option item, it is mounted on the rear sproket. That is how we got the 80mph numbers. Just think what this quad will do when people start working on the engines.But, in the woods you can only go so fast. From what we saw, when this hit 's the dealers floors, it will go fast. The B & W look's good.
But, I still like my 400.

Old 07-29-2000, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

I am open to new info. not be a butthole or anything but how do i or anyone else know that the 80mph and everything is not Bullshi#???

Old 07-31-2000, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

yzf400f,

We don't! That is the bad part. I guess it adds a little excitement to those of us who have put down big money on one without even knowing how it feels.

PS... I just found out that my Banshee just sold this weekend and the money from it was applied to the purchase price of my Raptor. There's no turning back for me now, even if they come out with pink polka dotted color scheme as the only choice, I've gotta take it and hope for the best.

Old 07-31-2000, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hey bash I was wondering when you get your Raptor let me know how this thing runs please! I have a feeling you'll get yours before I do. I asked my dealer about his schedule since im 3rd in line I have to wait for November to roll around! =*-(
Brings a tear to my eye!

Old 07-31-2000, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

Foxrunner,

Will do! I'm hoping to have mine around mid sept, but hopefully sooner.

Old 07-31-2000, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

One more thought. It would be nice if once we start getting our Raptors in, we could have a website for them. We could each give a review of our likes and dislikes as well as keep a running log of any modifications that we make and the results. Anyone second that idea?

Old 07-31-2000, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

I know tprender and there is no reason for him to lie about what the man said.

Old 07-31-2000, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

I've got onw on order also. Put a down payment on one for an august delivery. Then the guy tells me it's not going to be in untill next year. It's a good thing that there are still some around here in MN!

Quick Reply: Unseen Raptor test pics !!!