Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

jail for doing a donut??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jail for doing a donut??

I guess we need to be careful about destroying county dirt.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2004, 01:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my buddy was ice fishing when he was like 15/16...
he was hauling a wheelie across the lake and a warden came flying up on a snomobile and told him to stop or he would charge him with reckless driving... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2004, 03:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Rudy- You should have thrown mud on the SOB before he cuffed you. I have zero use for the fuzz. Around here all they do is try to raise revene ( money sp) by writing tickets

Old 05-17-2004, 04:17 AM
The Facility

All of the law enforcement in this state have cracked down severely on the use of ATVs on public property and roadways. I made a big post about it last week. My friend has to pay several fines in excess of $1000 for riding on a gravel road. I know several others as well. These laws went into effect this past January, and while I will admit, I haven't heard of any kids running into cars lately, I have had several complaints about all the fines...lol

Caught on any public roadway here will land you immediately to jail. quad is left on side of road until wrecker comes and gets it. then you have $250 bail on average, $250 fine for being on the road, $100 to get your quad from impound, $50-$100 to the wrecker co. that went and picked it up, and if you weren't wearing a helmet when you were caught, the motorcycle helmet law is enacted, which is a mandatory minimum fine of $500

It's pretty bad that they got you though and not the others doing the same thing elsewhere in the show. Was the show at Greenville? The law there is pretty tough on guys anyway unless you raise crops.

Old 05-17-2004, 04:20 AM
The Facility

Oh......I almost forgot........

The violation of being on the road is a misdemeanor charge that goes on your official police record.

The helmet violation goes against your traffic record just like the helmet violation for motorcycles and seatbelt violation for cars.

Old 05-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

knowsalot: Thats all wrong! Where in the heck do you live? Fight that c___p!

Old 05-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

I was issued a ticket for riding on a gravel raod a few years back and it cost me 75 dollars. I was worried it was going to effect my insurance but it was just a citatation and it had no effect on my driving record. The Trooper said he would not of written the ticket except for the fact I was riding towards dusk and had my lights off, of course when I saw him I had turned them on it was alittle late but was worth a shot.

AlaskaBoy.

Old 05-17-2004, 03:22 PM
The Facility

HippyHunter,

Mississippi.

None of us in the local industry fought it because it is a law needed in this area. Law enforcement overlooked it for years because of the heavily farm populated areas and alot of farmers use them to check the fields, but the number of kids geting involved in accidents with automotive vehicles and crashes on our huge "gravel road network" provoked the law and becuase of that reason, we didn't fight it.

Old 05-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rudyraptor
Just thought yall might like this. I just got back from a carshow in mississippi and i had the raptor with me. It was all muddy right behind some of the vehicles so me and a friend on a 350 x 3 wheeler got pumped up and went cut up in the field. I did one donut , more like a whole 360 and turned around and there was the cop. hewas gonna write us tickets but the sheriff walked up and said bring them to jail. We had to go to jail and had to pay 275 each to get out. Just thought it was crappy cause they were letting others ride wheelies on the high way where u get in to the show.Rudy
I asume you thought the field was a piece of land set aside for atvers too do donuts in?

Old 05-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

Well when ever i ride on the road whether its a tractor or an atv or dirtbike jus always give the people u see a good wave and they wont call the cops on ya[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: jail for doing a donut??