Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

jail for doing a donut??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jail for doing a donut??

no i didnt think it was set aside, just didnt think i would go to jail when they were letting other 4 wheelers ride on the highway about 100 yards in front of us. And two guys were cutting up on xr 50's right before us.
Rudy

Old 05-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Range Rover

I just got my quad and havnt had a run-in with the cops yet, but if i do im making them work for the ticket. Im takin off, good luck catchin me.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

this forum just gives me the kicks because i have experienced it too.
i didn't get put in jail but i got a nice fine at about $181. I don't really like cops too much at all because they really don't have much to do around here where i live except to give tickets to ppl like me.
I usually wouldn't stop because i don't respect them much at all but since i was on my friend 4x4 i wasnt about to try to out run them on that. He has a predator and i have a yfz 450 and stoping us can usually be a problem if we both have them. But i was just riding up and down a road for about 5 min and then with my luck it was an unmarked cop and decided to pull me over. I was pretty pissed off.
Well just thought i would share my little story with everybody who doesn't like the po pos.

Old 05-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Devin246
I just got my quad and havnt had a run-in with the cops yet, but if i do im making them work for the ticket. Im takin off, good luck catchin me.

ya thats cool.
then every quad in your area starts gettin busted for stupid **** because you wanted to run.

Old 05-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

That sucks man I hear ya but you should not feel that bad Because where I live they say that Quads are a prob to society and a problem to the community so by next year there is going to be a debate between creating a law that if you put one wheel on pavement you will get a 100 ticket and your quad will be confiscated and if you refuse you get 2 days of jail. The other is giving license plates to quads!.

Its all beacause last Friday there were thousands of quads on the highway and now becuz of that all of us get burned but since we wont go down easy we are planing a protest a huge sound shattering protest because we have rights they cant just take our passion of riding away hell no! And most of the quads of puerto rico are going to be there to fight the good fight so if there is some one on this Forum that lives where I do go to the protest we need all the help we can get.

And for the love of god stop riding in highways its killing the sport.

Old 05-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

where where you in mississippi brookhaven

Old 05-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

i live where the car show was and the police officer that took you to jail takes me every time i ride my quad.

Old 05-19-2004, 01:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

2 weeks ago i was going down the road to another tract of land we have 5 miles away. I met the sheriff coming the other way. He just waved while i cringed. lol Most of the time the sheriff will let it slide but the hyway patrol is another story. I guess they get paid more to act like a dick with that cowboy hat on.

My favorite line they ALL use. Is there a emergancy??

Zero use for the fuzz

Old 05-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Trailblazer

You CAN actually "destroy dirt" Out here in Cali we have dry lake beds. Nothing like opening it up, top gear and full throttle TILL you run across a three foot ditch that was caused by someone a month or two eairlier who thought it'd be fun to go slide around in the mud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] If it was a parking lot you were in, I can totaly see how you could have been messing up a graded area.

Ya there are some "stupid things" that cops get us for, but the law IS the law and out here, atleast, We have enough problems with the stigma that goes along with owning a quad OR any off road vehicle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

well see the only thing is where i live theres nothing we can do. Its in the middle of nowhere. so we like to ride our 4-wheelers around. People are usually really nice and don't mind it, but the cops here have nothing better to do.
Usually cops are out busting drinking parties and drugs but instead around here all they can do is give tickets to inocent people just riding their atvs. Well, and give speeding tickets. But at least we respect our surroundings instead of just going out to make noise and do some destruction. I can't say im perfect though.

Quick Reply: jail for doing a donut??