Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Cannondales any good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004 | 11:06 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Cannondales any good?

A kid I know has a cannondale cannibal.. would it compete with my raptor? what is the top speed for the c'dale? he said its about 80.. i wasn't sure if he was telling the truth or not because everytime there is a post on here about the 450s and what not the cannondale is never mentioned.. could i keep up with it or should i keep my mouth shut and not out talk what my ride can do?

Old 05-18-2004 | 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

ive heard both ways race for fun let us know how it goes!

Old 05-18-2004 | 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Cannondales are very fast. i think about 77 tops all out. he may get you off the line, my friend said (after he rode a cannibal), that it pulled incredibly hard off the line. I wouldnt really know how those 2 would do in a drag, but im just telling you what ive heard from my friend...

Old 05-19-2004 | 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

A buddy of mine has a cannibal that he got about a year ago. When it was stock vs my piped raptor i would get him most of the time but it was always close. Then he got a pipe for it and it was back and forth it came down to who had the better start. Now he has a 450 kit and some other mods done to it and it stomps my rappy and it lays the smack down on the 450s as well. The 450r dosnt stand a chance the yfz puts up a better fight but it usually takes them aswell. If i were u guys i wouldnt underestimate the cdales cause they are pretty damn fast stock but hop them up and they FLY!!!!

Old 05-19-2004 | 01:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Around here the dales do not out run piped raptors. They ( cannons) will get the holeshot but the raptors will run them down. To those that think the 2001 raptors are unreliable the cannondale is a yugo in the reliability department. POS

Old 05-19-2004 | 02:57 AM
Range Rover

yeah my buddy said at florence a cannondale (dont know which one) was just rolling by, not goin fast and it sounded like a hotrod car. He said u could feel the noise comin from it...thought that was cool...haha...anyways.....later

Old 05-19-2004 | 08:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Around here the dales do not out run piped raptors. They ( cannons) will get the holeshot but the raptors will run them down. To those that think the 2001 raptors are unreliable the cannondale is a yugo in the reliability department. POS
ive heard the exact same....

Old 05-20-2004 | 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

I dont know about u guys but im about sick of these kind of threads. The truth is (if u guys like it or not) that the machines these days are all so close to each other it dosnt really matter what your running. raptor, yfz, cannondale, 450r, 400ex, z400, gas gas, ds 650, it dosnt matter what matters is the rider and any rider can win on any machine or any given day. So go out there race have a good time dont wreck and just enjoy win lose or draw.

Old 05-21-2004 | 05:46 PM
|
Trailblazer

Quit crying.. i only started this topic because cannondale has never been in any of the comparisons i've read and so i had no idea how they performed or anything else about them... and i learned they are close but unreliable and you pretty much have to do the work yourself.. my questions were answered.. so quit crying and if you don't like people talking about their machines.. don't read these forums.. there is only a limited amount of things to talk about here and everything is covered in one thread or another.. do read what you don't like...

Old 05-21-2004 | 09:50 PM
Trailblazer

I wasnt crying. I was actually trying to say some good things about the cdales. What is annoying is the close minded retards that have probably never even seen a cdale in person let alone race against one that have to chime in with there "around these parts no raptors lose to cdales" Its just old. I mean the rappy is a great machine but it is not all powerfull. So get a life retards! Ohh and rubicon i liked your original post it was objective and asked good questions its just everybody else that ruined it.

Quick Reply: Cannondales any good?