Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

GRIZZLY IN MY YARD!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Default GRIZZLY IN MY YARD!!

I just got back from a cool ride. I was doing a short climb about 15 feet up over a "grassy nole" with a tree about 4 inch diameter I had mow over at the top, and back down about 10 ft( it only had a few leaves on it, so I thought it was dry rotting!) Leanin over the front as far as I could, I pinned it in 2nd gear low range, with about a 15 ft run. The Kodiak (97) hit the climb hard, and flew to the top, and when it hit the tree it just kept on a goin, and then it catapulted "us" backwards!!I jumped off and last thing I saw was the beast going over backward and feared the worst (not my quad - dads). When I rolled over, the machine was sittin there about 10ft from the bottom of the hill on its feet with no damage at all except for the alignment out to the right! Couldnt believe it! And as usual no one was there to see it DAMN! Any way, I was all pumped up and sweatin cup fulls so I kept tryin 2 more times, then my brain kicked in and told me to "cease". So I drove home from the "pits" along the railroad, saw a native guy, pulled into the driveway, took off my gear, walked in the house, realized I forgot my coffee on the quad, walked back out and saw a blur of some kind go past the travel trailer. When I looked around the corner of the T, A frickin GRIZZLY was standing about 20 ft away(the length of the T). We both seen each other, and he ran over around the back of the T. I'm not sure why ,but I actually ran to the end of the T and around the corner see more of it , but it was already in the neighbours yard 70 ft away. Again I was sweatin cupfulls ,fully pumped. I felt like a stick o dynamite!! Went back in the house, found some meat, went to throw it at him ,but it was long gone!! Maybe that native guy was doin some shapeshiftin or somethin like that! It was a kick a-s day!! RATTY PS - For the first 60 ft a full grown GRIZ can out run a racehorse from a standstill!!

Old 05-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got lost at the part where u started climbing a tree on the hill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2004, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Do you use drugs? If so, STOP!!!!

Old 05-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

i wouldn't be beating dads ride like that soon he wont trust you with anything of his i learned when i was young

Old 05-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

now for a responce that u want to hear. thats pretty sick do u know where it came from b/c usually a grizz dont just show up outta nowhere