Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Reviews on the GYTR Carbon Fiber Exaust...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reviews on the GYTR Carbon Fiber Exaust...

I just ordered this pipe then I was at another site and there were a lot of posts saying the carbon fiber pipe is crap. Has anyone here had any problems?? If so I may just get the Alum. pipe. Thanks!

Old 05-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

I think it might just be the GYTR exhaust that is not as good as others. There are allot of good exhausts and if I were you I would check them out. Just do a seach. You will be happier in the long run.

Old 05-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Aftermarket just does a better job on exhuast. Its like having a performance stock pipe you know... they wont go over there limits like aftermarket will.. And they deff wotn have any 730's lol. Companys make sure that anything that is there is known as reliable. Not the fastest thing but had chances of breaking...

Jb0mB

Old 05-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

I had a carbon fiber slip-on. It works well with the stock headpipe if you remove the excess weld material from the headpipe. I had mine for almost 2 years with no problems. It is loud. I always ran mine without the spark arrestor.

What did they mean by problems?

/Jon

Old 05-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Range Rover

Don't just listen to what people say when it comes to Factory not being good at making high performance parts. Why else do you think half of the done up YFZ's out there have GYTR exhausts? Supposedly the word is that they are one of the best exhausts for the quad out there right now too... Who else would know better about the quads exhaust then the people who designed the engine itself? Every pipe has it's application, no pipe is the best at everything, period. For the Carbon Fiber slip on, I had one brand new, great exhaust, nice looking but really loud. Blew the spark arrestor right outta it on the second ride! I'd have to say I've seen better craftsmenship, like in the Yoshi Carbon Titanium exhuast I'm running now. It fits too close to the rear fender bracket and if someone like an old friend of mine, puts your quad upside down and on that side, the stock fender bracket can push into the pipe and crack the carbon fiber, it's not the toughest. If you run it, get the AC rear fender brackets, they are flat aluminum that is really flexible and chances are it won't do the same damage I had with the stock fender brackets. My yoshi sits quite a bit further away from the frame and fenders and even though I have the AC fender brackets now I don't think I could damage that silencer if I tried! I'd have to do quite the damage to get anything to bend or hit the silencer where as the GYTR one was quite the tight fit against grab bars and the body/brackets of the quad. The GYTR is one of the best exhausts for the Raptor, I ran it with the stock head and with the FMF hi flo header. Never lost to another Raptor with exhaust, stock. With the right tuning there ain't much out there that should compete with the raptor with just external bolt ons, just the YFZ, or a Banshee, it's own brothers! The inlet of my pipe is trashed too, and the packing is shot due to the crack in the pipe, if nothing damages it, it should last you a while, but get some earplugs for long rides in tight bush, it's damn loud, too loud for me! That"s another reason i got the yosh with the TEC kit.

Old 05-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

i loved mine when i had it. Then i just decided to get something else.