Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Gotta Put My Dog Down Tonight Or Tommrow

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta Put My Dog Down Tonight Or Tommrow

Sorry to hear 'bout it... but you've had a hell of a good friendship - just remeber it and smile.

Old 05-28-2004, 01:21 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

That is a painful decision to make so I feel for you and you have my condolences. However when your pet has pretty much reached the average maximum age for its breed, then euthanasia may be the best solution rather than putting your pet through surgery (if that were an option) where it may be in pain for weeks as it recovers. Your poor pet will not understand that you are only trying to help as it lives with its discomforts during recovery just so you can have it around a little while longer. The alternative would be for your pet to get a shot then go to sleep (even while in your lap) as it drifts peacefully off into eternity. The hard part is for you to be able to overcome the hardship caused by the loss of your good friend who in reality is part of your family.

I will have to go through the same thing myself any day now. My dad left behind a black lab when he passed away last year. She is now 13 years old (2 years beyond their average lifespan) and has a fast growing tumor in her mouth. The vet says removing it will require removal of part of her lower jawbone and that is an awful thing to go through (for the dog) when they probably don’t understand what is going on in the first place and it is just a matter of time (maybe even just a few days) before it breaks open and gets infected or just plain interferes with her ability to eat. Her sister (who was my sister’s pet) was put down because of inoperable cancer just a few months ago…

Old 05-28-2004, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear the bad news guys, but they will be off to a better place.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2004, 04:13 AM
Range Rover

sorry for your loss, i think a good idea would be to just get another dog and name it the same so its not so ruff on you and then the other dog will still have a playmate [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

She was put down 8:30 this morning.....Thanks guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Trailblazer

sorry man i had to get my 14 year old dog put down last year

Old 05-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

I know it was tough, but I'm sure there was a sense of relief after it was all over. We had to put my wifes horse down that she had had since it was born. It was 21 years old. Talk about hard, you know how girls are with horses. It was like puting down your 21 year old son.
When you see the animal go to sleep so fast it really is a relief. Our horse, just like your dog, didn't feel a thing. That's a good way to go after a long life.

Old 05-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry about the loss.I got a 18 year old Beagle Hound and she usually just lays around but she is never sick

Old 05-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

sry to hear about your loss but aleast you know shes not in any pain and in a better place.

Old 05-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

sorry about the dog thing i know how you feel we had to put my dog down too.

Quick Reply: Gotta Put My Dog Down Tonight Or Tommrow