Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Can someone help me with my blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Rem
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me with my blaster?

Great thanks i'll get rite on that carb(with some help) thanks to you both for trying to get my problem solved

P.S. how many bones have you guys broken???

me:

both collarbones and both arms at once Jan 10 2004

broken ankle sometime in 1998

Old 06-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

well u dont really need to bleed it, alright looking where the kickstart is, there is a plastic cover towards the front end of the bike with 4 screws, take those out and there is a little oil carb, there is a big and little hose, yank the big one off to see if oil starts to some out so u kno ur gonna get oil to the crab then also check the little one, this is just a safety measure u will want to take so u dont mess any of the internals due to lack of lubrication

Old 06-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like you defently have a carb problem..was the bike working before? You could have a jetting problem, or the pilot circut is pluged. Try removing and cleaning the jets.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

u dont need help with the carb, ill walk u through it, first off drain the float by unscrewing the little screw at the bottom of the carb, take both intake boots off each side, unscrew carb cap secure plate, disconnect the oil hose and gas line and make sure the fuel is off, now unscrew the carb cap, its prolly gonna be tough since its been sitting so spray it down with some WD-40 and wait a lil bit, now u have the carbureator off and the needl should be suspended by the slide and throttle leave that alone, go to ur work bench unscrew the float bowl so the internals are exposed, and spray it down with somecarb and choke cleaner, make sure that the float it self moves up and down, take the air and pilot screws out spray in them and the inside of the carb, reassemble ur carb and bolt it back and u should be good to go

Old 06-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Shav0
sounds like you defently have a carb problem..was the bike working before? You could have a jetting problem, or the pilot circut is pluged. Try removing and cleaning the jets.
just get it running and work from there bro, go through ur necesary plug chops

Old 06-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Rem
Pro Rider

im thinking of getting fmf fatty pipe and silencer for my blaster for the dunes, do u think they will be good enough to make my blaster faster i weigh 112 so would it be pointless to bring it along at all? thanks

Old 06-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

what is your compression at?

Old 06-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

welcome putz, first time iv seen you here, well unless ur looking at porting stay away from FMF and Toomey, go with power pros or lrd they are u best bet, if u are not looking into porting go with the toomey b-1 kit

Old 06-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wanaply21
welcome putz, first time iv seen you here, well unless ur looking at porting stay away from FMF and Toomey, go with power pros or lrd they are u best bet, if u are not looking into porting go with the toomey b-1 kit
I swing by here every now and then, this place is so big it gets hard to keep up with everything.

I have a power pro's pipe......and this thing rocks, I also think you will have a hard time finding anyone with a complaint about the performance of an lrd.

Old 06-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

hey daputz, what all do you got in that hollywood motor?
Im waiting for my 240 right now.

Quick Reply: Can someone help me with my blaster?