Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My Nightmare with the Yamaha Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Nightmare with the Yamaha Dealership

Originally posted by: warrior68man
That sucks! I hate to admit it....but there's a Yamaha dealer around here that is very very very bad. Probably worse then the one you had a bad experience with. I am surprised this place is still in business. I walk in the door to look at a Banshee, not one person walks up to me. I have to go ask for help and the guy says he will get someone over...he calls for someone, no one ever comes...and then he just sits there acting like everythings fine.
And they never ever have any parts in stock that I need....never have they had one part in stock.
I know what you mean. The same stealership i have mentioned before in the past BLUE-RIDGE YAMAHA, has lousy customer service. Me and a friend walk up to the yfz450, checkin it out as well as a raptor 350, and they are just too good to ask me and my friend if we needed assistance, lousy friggin people.

Raptorracer, i honestly think you should take that loser to court, its not right to screw someone over. and if i were that "jim" character, i would do everything in my power to get it fixed and fire the moron who tore it up, thats customer service.

Old 06-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.cnssportscenter.net/
From their webpage -
"Service:

Our Service Department is capable of servicing all of the units we sell. We also customize units with parts and accessories, and perform warranty work."

That's not what they told me . . .

C and S Sports Center
4741 E. Pickard
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858

(989)772-5513

Thanks,

RR1

Old 06-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: RaptorRacer1
http://www.cnssportscenter.net/

C and S Sports Center
4741 E. Pickard
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858

(989)772-5513

Thanks,

RR1
I already set them an e-mail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Well stated and you represent yourself very well !
I think we should all drop them a polite e-mail stating that we hope they resolve our BROTHERS problems .
it only takes a second

Old 06-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

not everybody has a machine shop, but anybody can buy a service manual, torque wrench and basic tools. Their is no reason you should have had that problem, for what you paid in labor and the extra 300 for their mistake you could have all the tools and materials needed to assemble it yourself. I learned that when R and S yamaha wanted 1800.00 to fix my dirtbike, they said it needed to have all the gears replaced cause they were bad, but the original clutch was fine. I told them they were full of it and told them to put in boxes and I'll take it home, after going through 3 boxes of parts I found a bad shift fork and first gear looked worn out where the fork engaguges it. I bougt those parts for about 80.00 I had the manual already and a gasket set for 45.00 and just read what to do and put it all back together, it worked like a champ, it runs very fast and very strong. I didn't think i could do my own stuff but it really is not hard at all. My advise is dont be scared to build your own stuff, send parts out to be machined then get them back and put it together, then you know it was done right!!!

Old 06-03-2004, 11:03 PM
The Facility

I am going to regret typing this I am sure.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

First of all, RaptorRacer1, you did get the bad end of the stick in this case. With as many mistakes that seemed to be made to your engine, I don't see that shop owner having a case since all the problems revolve around bolts not put into the correct place......

BUT......

Where you messed up was taking it down yourself. On hindsight, I am sure you regret doing that as well.

I see a point that your dealer is trying to make, and he is justified in assuming you swapped the bolts since you partially tore it down before bringing in.

I can tell you from being a dealer myself, that bringing in anything partially disassembled and crying foul sends up big red flags. Customer satisfaction isthe first priority. The bottom line dollar is the second. You are forcing your dealer to choose between the two although you seem to be in the right.

You would be very surprised at what comes into the shop for "warranty" or "workmanship" claims.

This is why a great dealer/customer relationship is so important....to know those who buy from you on a personal level so that when things like this come up, there is no question of who's telling the truth.

Good luck with the issue and keep us posted on what the outcome is.

Old 06-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

i read all the replys and jsut wanred to piont out most dealer on the eastern part of the country expecially the norht where theres less riding are theives and always have poor personal manners and poor custumer care.

Old 06-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you KNOWSALOT,

I now know that I should have left it together. Before touching it I posted on here about the problem and was told to watch them take the cylinder bolts out because 90% chance that was the problem. I new the place was not going to be happy seeing me bring it right back again, then standing over the mechanics shoulder for an hour while he gets down to the cylinder. So my thought was that I was helping them out and saving them time since I know how to do all that work myself. I never looked at it from the dealer's perspective. I was trying to make things easy and simple and do what I thought would make the dealer's job easier. Now I know better . . .

The point I tried to make with the dealer is - the mismatched bolts caused the threads to strip and the resultant breakage, therefore it had to have been mismatched before the breakage.

The quad ran and was assembled the second time I left the dealership. Why would I take the new engine apart and switch the bolts? If I switched the bolts like they say, I would have had to take the engine apart (for no reason), purposefully switch the bolts, put it back together, then run it long enough to break it, then take it back to them. Doesn't make sense.

I am a pharmacist. Since I have been at this pharmacy (3 years) the prescription volume has doubled. It has doubled because of customer service. If someone brings back a prescription and says " I only got 25 pills, I should have got 30", even if I know darn well there were 30 pills in that bottle when it left my store, I give them the 5. Even if they are $10 a pill antibiotics. You know why, because over the next year they will spend 10 times the cost of those extra pills at my pharmacy. Sure we will keep an eye on the person and double count their stuff to make sure this doesn't turn into a pattern, but it is all about making the consumer happy and getting them to want to come back to your store.

I guess I am just overly sensitive to customer service, but I think if more people did not put up with shoddy treatment, the entire USA marketplace would improve. I have seen alot of poor service in the ATV industry in the few short years I have been a consumer, but I have also seen some outstanding service.

Lenny, and the rest of the team at Duncan Racing have been outstanding to deal with. They treat me with respect and take the time to answer any questions or help me with any problems I have. Sure they are an international racing team, and I am just a newbie novice weekend racer who never wins anything, but it feels like they respect me and treat me as an equal.

Bob Craycraft has been a great help. There's not many people out there that know there way around a Raptor engine better than Bob. Even though I am just a little fish in the big-bore world he has explained many things to me and helped me find what is best for my current budget (that budget will be expanding to 740ccs this winter!)

Jason Rayburn at Edelbrock has helped me out a lot with different needle sizes and filter setups to get my Raptor running its best. I will never run any other carb than an Edelbrock.

Brian Craft from Armadillo ATV built me a beautiful set of chrome a-arms (can't buy those from Rocky Mountain!) and worked dilligently to help me resolve some fitment issues.

Sorry for all these long post guys, I was just really down on the whole ATV scene today and needed to vent. Thanks for all the support.

RR1

Old 06-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Range Rover

First things first, RaptorRacer1 you sure do write some long a$$ threads. But I sure enjoy reading them even though it might take an hour[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hey just kidding. In regards to the dealership, I agree 100% on some of them just doing shotty work. I ride a Yamaha and a Polaris Snowmobile. The Yamaha dealer that I go to is awesome. These guys will get you things for cost (even things I can't get from work) just becuase you bought a machine from them. They call, do follow up work on your purchase to make sure you come back again. The Polaris dealer on the other hand is a total nut shop. The counter help is a joke. I ordered a headlight pod for my sled and they order the wrong part three, count 'em 3 TIMES. And the sad part was the owner, who is extremely cocky, was the one who order the part wrong the last time. I will never go to them again. Finding a great dealer is an important part to enyoying your machine. I hope you can find one that suits you needs.

Old 06-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

I know the feeling man. The dealer around here is crazy. Unless you are willing to spend 6000 dollars in his shop, he dosn't want anything to do with ya...So I take my business elseware.

Quick Reply: My Nightmare with the Yamaha Dealership