Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My Nightmare with the Yamaha Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 02:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Nightmare with the Yamaha Dealership

Originally posted by: KNOWSALOT
I am going to regret typing this I am sure.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

First of all, RaptorRacer1, you did get the bad end of the stick in this case. With as many mistakes that seemed to be made to your engine, I don't see that shop owner having a case since all the problems revolve around bolts not put into the correct place......

BUT......

Where you messed up was taking it down yourself. On hindsight, I am sure you regret doing that as well.

I see a point that your dealer is trying to make, and he is justified in assuming you swapped the bolts since you partially tore it down before bringing in.

I can tell you from being a dealer myself, that bringing in anything partially disassembled and crying foul sends up big red flags. Customer satisfaction isthe first priority. The bottom line dollar is the second. You are forcing your dealer to choose between the two although you seem to be in the right.

You would be very surprised at what comes into the shop for "warranty" or "workmanship" claims.

This is why a great dealer/customer relationship is so important....to know those who buy from you on a personal level so that when things like this come up, there is no question of who's telling the truth.

Good luck with the issue and keep us posted on what the outcome is.

i totally agree. business of any kind is totally about relationships. the more you get to know whoever serves you (be it waiters at a restaurant, tech support from whatever company, or in this case the mechanics and owners and managers who work at an atv shop), the more they strive to take care of you and treat you with courtesy and respect. if you take care of them and treat them with courtesy and respect, they will work wonders for you. thats what its all about.

and for the record, im really effin sorry about your quad RaptoRacer1, i sincerely hope everything turns out.

best of luck,

Justin