Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

??? vs. ??? Who's Honest about loseing???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ??? vs. ??? Who's Honest about loseing???

you think your the only one with a piped beartracker?

I used to race my friends all the time on this thing....I would hold it in between second and 1st..kinda like holding the clutch in, I would pin it and let it drop ti first then I would take off....me and my friend who used to have a 220 bayou raced a couple..hundred..times like that...and we always traded wins...his had more torque so it accelerated faster but on top there was no competion...too bad the races didnt last that long for my beartracker to catch in it's meglafast top end blow you off your seat speed....I would beat him tho...the drag strip was kinda uneven too....One side was nice and flat...the other side....was nice for about the first 15ft then all it all turned into ruts...but still produced pretty even drag races on either side.

I lost to a Raptor on My Warrior![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]...well I would hope I would.

Old 06-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Justin(warrior68man) any point in lining my YFZ up against your warrior so we can add to your list?

BTW where did you drag race?

Old 06-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as soon as I get my stator....Then we'll line em up...

Place near my house....not anywhere near green mans or nuttin.

Old 06-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Last time I was at little sahara (rattle snake roundup) I took quit a few beatings on my shee. They were mostly by other shees though. There was one bike there that looked like a warrior but the motor looked suspisious so I flagged him down and found out it was a hopped up honda 650cc motor off of a dirt bike. That thing hauled man. I didn't pick many races on my stock 85 R but I raced my one of my buddies on his 450R and lost. I have a post in the ATC forum where I raced a YFZ the other day. It was real close but I did lose. But, I still think 19 years and $800 did pretty good against high tech and $7,000.

Old 06-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

When i was getting used to the raptors clutches i lost to a bad@$$ Polaris, lost to some tricked out 400exs, yfz450, the EFI 700 polaris... just a bunch of things when i was a noob lol. I still loose races now and then but there is always someone faster and a better rider.... Hmmmm what would it be like to have the FASTEST ATV!

Travis

Old 06-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL, Shoot, where to begin. I've lost races to, Ds's, Raptors, 4??ex's, Banshees, built 250R's, quadzillas, z4??'s, YFZ's, 450R's and some others I'm sure. I've also beaten everyone of those listed.

Forum members I've lost races to:

Annihalater
DuneMe
250R4life
Punisher
Eaglecollector
1badRaptor
Schwendi
RaptorOwner
Bigbaja
DemonDs
Selector

There's several others that I can't recall right now.

Old 06-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

hey Imback that is an awesome banshee you got.I've lost alot of races and also one a bit, i lost to a stock warrior,a rap 660 (of course) 400ex,banshee.
Thanks man.

Old 06-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

i got spanked by a stock shee, but i had atleast 100 pounds on the kid!

Old 06-05-2004, 02:12 AM
Trailblazer

Well, Not much of a race, but I've lost to a CR250 DirtBike. Was a guy that was new to riding the dirt bike and hadn't got very use'd to the thing. But doesnt take all that much skill to beat something on something that fast lol. Lost to a Predator that had pipe and filter. I couldnt launch worth nothing. I gain'd on him every race, but he could just launch better then me. Beat non the less. Beat by a Shee. Was pipe'd/filter/jet. Wasnt beat as bad as i thought i was gonna be, but again, Beat non the less. List will grow im sure. But my win list is pretty long too.. lol alot of unfair races on it though! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warrior68man
you think your the only one with a piped beartracker?

I used to race my friends all the time on this thing....I would hold it in between second and 1st..kinda like holding the clutch in, I would pin it and let it drop ti first then I would take off....me and my friend who used to have a 220 bayou raced a couple..hundred..times like that...and we always traded wins...his had more torque so it accelerated faster but on top there was no competion...too bad the races didnt last that long for my beartracker to catch in it's meglafast top end blow you off your seat speed....I would beat him tho...the drag strip was kinda uneven too....One side was nice and flat...the other side....was nice for about the first 15ft then all it all turned into ruts...but still produced pretty even drag races on either side.

I lost to a Raptor on My Warrior![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]...well I would hope I would.

I know what you mean by top end. When I knew I was going to race I would fill my tires with around 35 psI. AHAHHAHAHA I would pick up 6 mph.

Quick Reply: ??? vs. ??? Who's Honest about loseing???