Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs Predator,almost got spanked....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor vs Predator,almost got spanked....

Originally posted by: jsyi
Originally posted by: YamahaRiderOnly
Hmmmm - Your Raptor should tear apart a Stock Pred, even though your 40 lbs heavier. Something is wrong there. Me and my Buddy are so close in a race and were both stock. It can go either way for us but you should be beating it pretty easy.
Not true. We have 2 Raptors in our group both weighing around 200lbs and one of the guys works for Yamaha and has carbs, full exhaust, filter, gearing, extended arms and swing arm, and clutch work and he still gets beat by my friend weighing about 180 w/ his bone stock Predator. The other guy has his carb rejetted, lid off, gearing, and slip on silencer and he gets spanked by the same friend. Bottom line is Predators arnt slow by any means. Yes I've lost a race against a Raptor... CaliRaptor on this board to be exact but who knows maybe its just the rider..
Most likely the rider

Old 06-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

I think you answered your own question.......

"Are the predators that fast or was I having a bad day???"

Yes, the predators ARE that fast, and sometimes we all have our bad holeshots or bad days too......

I hang neck and neck even with Raptors all day long, really does come down to the hole shot and rider if both machines are tuned and running strong.

I've had many built yamaha machines, but I've never been happier since I sold/broke them all and went over to the "dark side" and joined the Predator ranks.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

you do know not all raptors run the exact,some stock ones are faster than others,thats the way it is and his pred might run better than others.also pred and raptors are around the same top speed.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I raced a stock pred with my YFZ 3 times. The pred won the first race, I Just about went over backwards and had to let off but i could not catch him.Perd won by 1 Bike. 2ND race he did what i did on the first race i won by 50 yards. 3rd race we did a roling start i won by 2 bikes. We raced about 1\8 mile or so( I was checking for 6 th gear). The pred rider was about 180 lbs and i am 235. My YFZ has some mods and the Pred was 100% stock. I was impressed with the pred. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Wet wieght on the Predator and the Raptor are very close forget what the dry wieght says. 40LBS is a big difference. I raced my brother on his DS and he went blowing by me every time. I went back that night and took off all my GYTR skid plated and my nerf bars. Put them in a pile and they must have weighed in at over 30Lbs. The next day we raced again what a difference I pulled away by a couple quad lenths in 2nd gear and he could not catch up.

Nocando

Old 11-26-2005, 06:19 AM
Pro Rider

it all depends on what type of predator it was.........some are very fast even when stock.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

That is really weird, because right now i already trade off wins with preds that have the same amoun of mods that i have, or less.The ones with less i take them by at least a bike length or 2.The ones with siamlar mods is a real good race.Those preds are fast man.

Old 11-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you guys realize that this thread is over a year old...

Old 11-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

oh....lol...wtf?

Old 11-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL...just goes to show that time doesn't change everything...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raptor vs Predator,almost got spanked....