Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone run the standard holeshots?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone run the standard holeshots?

The biggest thing I was in question of is whether or not the XCR's got any better traction than the standard Holeshots

I think the traction pattern is the same. You might notice a slight difference in dense mud. I think you are just looking at wear rating mostly. The softer and less ply the faster your money goes bye-bye. Just an interesting point to throw out there I have noticed. Razors and Holeshots both have the same tread patteren except for the holeshots have a slice down the middle of them. Me and a buddy were side by side in mud and the holeshots threw mud off the tire so it could dig in better. The Razors got caked up and turned into 2 big mudballs with an axle.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dirtrooster
The biggest thing I was in question of is whether or not the XCR's got any better traction than the standard Holeshots

I think the traction pattern is the same. You might notice a slight difference in dense mud. I think you are just looking at wear rating mostly. The softer and less ply the faster your money goes bye-bye. Just an interesting point to throw out there I have noticed. Razors and Holeshots both have the same tread patteren except for the holeshots have a slice down the middle of them. Me and a buddy were side by side in mud and the holeshots threw mud off the tire so it could dig in better. The Razors got caked up and turned into 2 big mudballs with an axle.
Interesting..... I had thought that the XC(R) were like the MX(R)'s, and were more prone to wear out quickly because of softer tread compound..... I guess now I have a reason to spend the extra $18 a tire. Oh the great internal battle continues........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: soon2bBlaster
even 20s on a blaster look huge

Hey soon2bBlaster, when you put those on your blaster did you have to take the metal foot rests right behind the foot pegs off?