Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blowen up yfz!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blowen up yfz!!!!!!

my buddys yfz seezed up today i dont know how it wasn't out of oil but it did completly seiz.....i dont plaim yamaha for this i thimk it was the way he broke it in he was pounding on it pretty bad as soon as he got it off the trailer athough the dealer is going to fix it for nothing

Old 06-09-2004, 02:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats how you break it in. If it cant handle that then yes take it back for repair under the warranty. Thats why they give you a six month warranty.

Old 06-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, Raptorowner is right...... Break it in hard and it will run hard..... Maybe your buddys oil pump failed....

Old 06-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

yeh i guess i could go with your thery shopjust started taring into it today so we will soon find out

Old 06-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

tell him to break it in right, or it will break again, yhat engine is to high tech and high performing, you need to break it in, believe me i dont have a yfz but i ride a yz450f, dirtbike along with my shee, lots of power it blows banshees and raptors away

Old 06-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol...so much for that reliability thing you guys have going on

Old 06-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

my buddys did the same thing... and we were easy on it... broke it in properly and everything...

Old 06-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Trailblazer

my buddys did the same thing... and we were easy on it... broke it in properly and everything...

Yeah right...sure your buddies did....whatever.......sigh.

Old 06-10-2004, 02:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You dont believe me??? Ask any Professional 4-Stroke Engine builder, that is how you break it in. Now if it were a 2-stroke then yes you have a certain way of breaking them in. I have had 9 brand new bikes in the last 3 years and thats how I break them in, even my kids bikes, I take them out first before they get on them and I run the #@%! out of them before they ride them. I want to see if any thing is going to fail, and if it does, it was going to fail any ways.

Baby your bikes all you want, then wait tell you REALLY need the power and see what gives then, well maybe you want to do this AFTER the 6 month warranty..........Then you will be kickin' yourself in the **** cuz you didnt do it in the first place.

Old 06-10-2004, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

Now I believe in putting an engine through its paces to break it in but I have never heard of anyone pounding the hell out of a brand new machine. I'm not saying your wrong because hey.....that may have worked for you. But I have always worked up the tolerances of a new motor by gradually increasing my abuse level.

Quick Reply: blowen up yfz!!!!!!