Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

June 19th ATPT races are CANCELLED

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default June 19th ATPT races are CANCELLED

Due to massive flooding there is not going to be any June Races. We have been hammered with rain for the last week and the last 2 days have caused termendous flooding. At this moment the drag strip is 4 foot under water. Even if the rains were to stop today there is no way to get the drag strip in working order before the races. The damage around here is going to be severe. I am sorry to have to post this. Bob, Crafty and I spent the morning trying to figure out how to get this in shape if the rains stop now ( unlikely) and decided that with no amount of volenteers could it be done. I thought about trying to move the event to Texas Sand drags but to be honest i have more worries at the moment. Helicopters have been hoovering overhead for hours showing this on the news channels

Old 06-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That sucks. I just looked at the weather.com and they said the rains were supposed to stop and that next week the conditions are sunn with highs in the 80's.

Man this is horrible. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

what if we all brought jet ski's?

i know where i can borrow a jet boat....

Old 06-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That bits. Any idea if the event is going to be rescheduled.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

I knew it... Mark left his watter running and flooded the track to get out of racing me.

Seriously, that SUCKS. I hate to hear that you guys are having that kind of flooding down there. We just had some pretty bad flooding around here and I feel for those that have to clean up and deal with the after effects.

Keep us posted on updates and possible reschedule dates. Don't know If I could make it or not because the vacation time is already used for next week... Maybe next year!

Later,
Mike

Old 06-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Range Rover

I hope your homes are on high enough ground! Please update us if it rescheduled. Good luck with the water. I did see the news last night with the flooding in Fort Worth and was wondering how bad it was out your way.

On a side note...I'm off anyways those days and want to race. Maybe we can all meet up in Waynoka, OK? Think they would let us use the track. Going to be a big enough group. Kind of changes things going from dirt to sand, but whatever. I imagine we are going to OK that weekend now for sure. I'd like to race some fast bikes. Any takers?

Old 06-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

mark-
that does bring up a good question- is your house in danger of being flooded?

Old 06-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

Some folks in Class 5 just got real lucky. If the races are delayed too long, I'm going to have to tell people about this motor:-)

Sorry to hear about your weather problems, hope it all works out.

Old 06-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you get the chance UBETRUN...share some info. With the flooding and the lack of vacation time, it will be Summer Nationals 2005 before I can make the trip to Aledo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I hope everyone is ok, and the flood doesn't ruin too many homes. I know it was just a few weeks ago that the flooding was bad here in WV. Sorry to hear about everything down there. I didn't know about the floods until I was looking around on the weather.com this morning, and that's when I checked the forecast for Aledo. I even posted on 14mins.com that the weather was looking good for next week. Which according to the extended forecast, it does look good.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

is it going to be rescheduled or when is the next race?

Quick Reply: June 19th ATPT races are CANCELLED