Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

??? Raptor Reverse rev limitor???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? Raptor Reverse rev limitor???

Originally posted by: YellowFrog
There is the kit from Ripper Racing that is only $26.15 and it makes the reverse light work too.
Rev limiter bypass
I went ahead and purchased this one last month. I wanted to know when my bike was in reverse.

Old 06-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

Yes it would be really nice to have that little red light turn on.
I just don't feel like spending 26 dollars on that part.
Maybe some day thought.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

The only difference is that the one you buy comes with a switch and it turns off all limiters including the forward one. So with that one your top speed is higher, but you could also blow your engine. .
Thats what they tell you, but it does nothing with the normal engine rev limiter, it can only intercept the reverse switches condition and fake the CDI.

to get rid of all the limiters you have to have a programmable CDI. They rely on the fact that no one is going to hold there throttle wide open in neutral to find out if the limiter is gone. Unless your crazy! the raptor has a hard time hitting the limiter when moving in anything over 3rd gear anyway.

The raptortranny one does the exact same thing that kit does, if you want a switch,. wire it in - instead of the resistor, or take the green./white striped wire to ground through the switch.

Old 06-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

After finding out about that one on raptor tranny I now realize that those dumb a$$es ripped me off.
I should have come here first like 400exKiller990.
I found out thought that you can disable the limiter completly by disconnecting it under the shifter.
Thanks warrior007[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Pro Rider

I like most of you, have a reverse problem, the reverse on my 04 is practically useless, unless i am on flat ground, and the ground conditions are ideal...(dirt) haha....I am going to go with the Ripper Racing unit, i believe this is best, that will at least fix my reverse Problem.

I need someone that knows exactly what they are talkin about.... I am interested in gettin the Trinity Racing Dyna FS Ignition, or the one at AlbaAction.com, the Plasma BOOSTER by Ignition Solutions... Supposedly the strength of the spark is another key component in creating more power. These are supposedly able to make over 4 times the spark, and a GAIN of 1-3 HP, or more depending on other MODS... It would be well worth it.
(your engine will start better, have better throttle response, and increase horsepower)

This does not take place of the CDI Box does it????? The dyna just takes place of the stock ignition...i say this because the Dyna FS on Trinitys website says that it lets you change the Timing Advance Curve!!! I guess im just wondering which unit is better, Is the Dyna FS Really worth the 170 dollars more???? its a 400 dollar Unit!!!!, I dont think you can advance the timing curve with the Ignition Solutions Plasma Booster???

These are not CDI units then are they? They are separate in themselves from ones i have see on RockyMountainATV.com, like the Electrex CDI Unit, and the Big Gun Rectifier, which supposedly has a more advanced curve then factory.

Just like to get some feedback from some of you, that know about this or are also interested. This is alot of different material and questions here, but i hope to see come of you reply this...

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 06-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

Sick 660- you are way off. The ignition box and the CDI are the same thing. The Dyna box replaces your stock unit. I am not familiar with the Plasma Booster, but I assume it is a similar thing. The Dyna box is by far the most adjustable unit, but I would not waste the money on it unless you plan on doing all your tuning on a dyno, or unless you are running nitrous or a shift light. The Dyna gives you programable outputs for nitrous solenoids, shift light, powervalve (2stroke) etc. It also gives you an output for a tach.

The rectifier has NOTHING to do with the advance curve. It is doubtful if an aftermarket rectifier will make any difference in your system.

RR1

Old 06-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

It sounds to me like he is talking about the actual induction coil that is mounted to the frame right before the spark plug. I think that is what the plasma booster is. Because if you have a better col than you have a better spark. In addition an after market rectifire could possibly help because that is what controls the voltage and power to your entire bike, if you have a bit more power to an aftermarket cdi it could possible run better. With my experience adding a new coil really helps, the power increase is noticeable and you don't have to rejet or anything.

Old 06-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds to me like he is talking about the actual induction coil that is mounted to the frame right before the spark plug. I think that is what the plasma booster is. Because if you have a better col than you have a better spark. In addition an after market rectifire could possibly help because that is what controls the voltage and power to your entire bike, if you have a bit more power to an aftermarket cdi it could possible run better. With my experience adding a new coil really helps, the power increase is noticeable and you don't have to rejet or anything.

Exactly my thinking....I will not waste my money on the Dyna, it seems you know what you are talking about, however since you are not familiar with the Ignition Solutions Booster, you must not know that they are not a CDI Unit...it is separate in itself, it replaces your igniton wire, and Box itself.....here is my other question, will any either of these units interfear with the Ripper Racing Reverse Module...that overrides the CDI in reverse...does the Module replace your stock CDI or is it another box in itself that just hooks up to your stock CDI, to trick it to think that when it is in reverse, it is actually in a foreward gear, making your reverse then unlimited????? The Reverse Light still works with this unit, and @ 26.00 i find it well worth it, to kill my 2k rev limitor!!!

Any help or more input would be greatly appreciated!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 06-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer

I belive that the plasma booster converts your old standard coil into a digital ignition system.
But it wont affect the ripperracing module. which is its own separate unit that plugs into the cdi, from what I hear it is really easy to hook up.

Old 06-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

I belive that the plasma booster converts your old standard coil into a digital ignition system.
But it wont affect the ripperracing module. which is its own separate unit that plugs into the cdi, from what I hear it is really easy to hook up.
Thanks, that helps, and i do believe that the Plasma Booster is well worth it, just for added throttle response alone, but i have heard of gains to 3added HP with this alone.

Thanks to all of you that have helped on this topic
-bLuRRRR-

Quick Reply: ??? Raptor Reverse rev limitor???