Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HKS Turbo 780Stroker Raptor!!! Drag Beast!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Turbo 780Stroker Raptor!!! Drag Beast!

Let me just tell you guys about a little encounter i had at Haspin, in Indiana This past weekend.... I went there, and they have a 1/6 mile Dirt/Sand Drag Strip. I did several runs against many different machines, there is enough room to run 6 quads. My Raptor, A Stock YFZ, A DS 650, and a Craptor780, with an HKS Turbo w/Intercooler...that put out well over 105 HP...GOOD GOD...I have never been pulled on this bad EVER....
I have recently joined these forums, just to read up on what other ppl think, and performance parts, and just literature in general.

Anyway...It was a Stroker,Motor built by Trinity. All i can say is that it PULLED LIKE A F-in FREIGHT TRAIN....ate everyone off the line, was about 4-5 car lengths in front of me. I was 1/2 way down, still in low part of 3rd, and he was already done, Past the end, hammering his brakes. In 880ft, this beast can get goin over 80, still in high end of 3rd, and the guy said he just shifts into 4th, then he hammers the brakes cuz its over.
I wasted the DS by bout 4 quad lengths, the YFZ was no match for the 780 obviously either, and it was right behind me about 2 quad lengths. I ended up catching and passing the yfz as soon as i got into 3rd couldnt get off the line. The 780 had an Alba +6 Swingarm, I imagine this is part of the reason he is able to launch like no tomorrow....and this turbo was unreal, I mean the NOISES COMMIN FROM THIS THING!!! I have never seen anything like it, and im curious if anyone else on this forum knows anything about them, or has seen them also. Its rediculously Insane, and i would almost swear nothing is faster....This was an all out Drag Beast!!! It had a big Red Hose commin off the radiator or somethin, had a big HKS on the side of it and carried on back to the rear end, where there is a box up under the left side fender, where the intercooler sits. The guy said the HKS Turbo nearly doubles the stock raptors HP...then the 780 on top of it...he had everything but nitrous, and said he would be spraying the intercooler, sometime later with it, as you would do with a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really would like to get a few Responses and possibly some information on this...regarding a turbo for a raptor.
-bLuRRRR27-

Old 06-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe he will show up at the races in KY this weekend! I would like to see this thing run! Sounds crazy fast!!!

Old 06-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

What were his times??

Old 06-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Definatley sounds like the ultimate set-up. I would also be very interested in what times he was running.

bigger.

Old 06-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds pretty mean, I would also love to know what times this bad boy was running.

Old 06-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

so this thing had all the cool sounds of a turbo car, like the whining of it spooling up, and the ppssssst of it blowing off?

Old 06-15-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Yes this thing is Crazy Fast, i have never seen nor heard anything like it!!! I have no idea what his times are. It is not a timed drag strip...I WISH IT WAS, ALL WOULD BE AMAZED! It would spool up, and then you would hear the PSSSSHHHHT, from the blow off, AFTER EVERY SHIFT. It was insane, the only time you could hear it was for the 1/2 second you are next to him in first gear or 2nd, and when he just does a run all by himself, other then that all you hear is freakin motor. The other thing, its got some banshee custom air filter setup, NO AIRBOX, just 2 Separate K&Nz, bolted up to the twin Kein FCR Carbs.

-bLuRRRR-

Old 06-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No video or better sound effects???..........

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol...

Quick Reply: HKS Turbo 780Stroker Raptor!!! Drag Beast!