Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

who has the K&N Pro flow kit for their raptor??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who has the K&N Pro flow kit for their raptor??

Originally posted by: matykrak
O K I got it out, Now I'll have to clean it and mark the 6 holes and then bolt it on. and you all say bold from the OUT SIDE IN , Makes sense. And is it safe to leave the LID off the box from here on with the snorkle detached as well or is that just a bad move. remember I'm at 5000 feet I need all the air I can get...
Cut the tips (not the whole thing) of those two **** that were preventing you from taking the air box out, this will make it easier to reinstall and taking it out later for cleaning etc. Install the bracket in place, line up the air holes as even as possible then mark and drill the screw holes. Cut out and smooth up all the little flanges or braces inside the box so the filter does not rub on anything or it will rub a hole in the filter. Do the same with the lid if you choose to use one. Taking the lid off will require you to jet up on your carbs.

Old 06-15-2004, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer

So Do I even need the snorkle? Or do I just toss it. If toss what do I do with the hose that was attached? I have it all attached to the box etc now. Someone also suggested greasing the inside of the entire box to catch debris. Kind of make sense...NE input?

Old 06-15-2004, 02:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: matykrak
So Do I even need the snorkle? Or do I just toss it. If toss what do I do with the hose that was attached? I have it all attached to the box etc now. Someone also suggested greasing the inside of the entire box to catch debris. Kind of make sense...NE input?
Grease the inside of the box?? That is news to me... You dont need the snorkel if you get rid of the lid. The hose that is hanging there, if you see my pic on my page you will see a small K & N looking filter I placed on the end of that hose. I got it at Pep boys for less than 10.00. I cut my box open on both my Raptors. I use a water resistant outerwear and havent giving me any problems yet and I have road thru rain, creaks and mud. The mud isnt like the utility quads go thru cuz you know, I dont want to get my quad that DIRTY!!! LOL!!!