Stock Raptor in snow.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Raptor in snow.

holeshots work better than stokers, but not too much better

thats all i got

oh and i ride when the roads are closed-weeeeeeeehoooooooo its a blast, but a cold one

Old 06-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

i had my blaster out this winter and it was so fun where the snowmobiles ride in the powerlines/piplines it was all pact it was so much fun we rode all across town, lil chilly tho

Old 06-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Range Rover

You can get the Holiday studs or whatever brand you choose at any dirtbike/quad store, specially if there is local ice racing in your area... Even just look around on the net, i believe magicracing.com has them?

Old 06-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

it depends on what kind of snow,,,and how deep it is

if it is slushy and more than about 6 inches,,,,,it sucks

if it is virgin powder,,,,you will be fine,,,,no matter how much

your skidplate will be your worst enemy

Old 06-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

it sounds fun. last time it snowed hear. it snowed about 4 inches and then over night we had frezing rain and it left about 2 AND A HALF inches of 1ce on top. i couldnt even walk to the shop unless i rode in the ruts ( wich were lined with ice too) that i had made the previous day with my four wheeler.

Although my quad was a life saver. My uncle that livesd down the road has MS and he couldnt go anywhere becuase he couldnt walk or drive his little cart in the snow. so i hace to drive down there on my quad on top of a sheet of ice. too bring him dinner.

it was really fun though to drive on the ice until you break through and cant get it out

Old 06-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Range Rover

Overflow sux, but some slush if it is the right consistancy is easier to ride in than power cause it'll pack under the tires and lift the quad up. You get mad traction in slush like that, powder, even as fluffy as it can get regardless if you dig down to the pavement, you will not push more than a foot and a half, I don't care if you have chains or anything like that on your Raptor, 4x4 yes, up to 2 feet, then you have to back up and hit it again cause your pusshing up to the headlights in snow, but the most I've ever made it out for maybe 5 feet is like half way up the grab bar and that's hitting it hard with good momentum, after that it builts up and once you lose traction, that's it, your stuck. I can go over alot of snow at speed, even really soft sections, but some places if I slow down to first gear or even second I'll get stuck and won't even be abled to get started without someone pushing behind to get on top of the snow! That's when curses fly out and I wish I never rode my quad that day and my sled instead... The best machines I've seen in the snow are 4x4 Polaris' like the 700 my stepdad runs, they are so heavy and have awesome traction that they get to the bottom of the snow on hard ground and push like a bulldozer up to the racks! The worst, DS650, had to load it back up cause we couldn't go nowhere with it both were stock on stock tires, we had to put 1000 studs, then it worked fine, but them Dominators suck bad in the snow, worst I've seen ever!