Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

two strokers unite

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two strokers unite

for whoever said 4-strokes are getting beaten by 2-strokes with half the engine...HALF?!

lol come on...if you pay attention, you can actually see the gap closing...We'll talk in terms of stock for now..I can put a little bit of an edge on a Banshee 350 with my Stock YFZ450..i see 100 cc's...thats not exactly half [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 4-stroke technology is most definitely improving, and you can't deny giving us thumper riders that much credit...I myself ride 4-strokes, but LOVE 2-strokes...my friends ride banshees that blow my mind...you can do amazing things with a decent 2-stroke..This is all in regards to just flat out drag racing...Things change once you put a few sharp turns in the trail [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
And Shav0, NO, a piped banshee will not 'smoke' me...In fact, every race with just a piped banshee ive come across has been about even.

You do a lot of talking for someone on a blaster

Old 06-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZblu
for whoever said 4-strokes are getting beaten by 2-strokes with half the engine...HALF?!

lol come on...if you pay attention, you can actually see the gap closing...We'll talk in terms of stock for now..I can put a little bit of an edge on a Banshee 350 with my Stock YFZ450..i see 100 cc's...thats not exactly half [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 4-stroke technology is most definitely improving, and you can't deny giving us thumper riders that much credit...I myself ride 4-strokes, but LOVE 2-strokes...my friends ride banshees that blow my mind...you can do amazing things with a decent 2-stroke..This is all in regards to just flat out drag racing...Things change once you put a few sharp turns in the trail [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
And Shav0, NO, a piped banshee will not 'smoke' me...In fact, every race with just a piped banshee ive come across has been about even.

Stock for stock the banshee is no match for a yfz450. Everyone knows that. The magic starts to happen when the banshee cylinders are removed of their casting flaws and the ports are cut by builders that know what they are doing. You can get a banshee up to 100hp on stock displacement naturally aspirated. I wanna see a raptor or big bore yfz with a displacement of 700cc's do that without being blown.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Roosthrower:

I always enjoy reading your posts! You obviously know what you're talking about, and 100% of the time back yourself up with some hardcore facts...I've only been on these forums for a few months, but the only people so far that i've seen do as good of a job are you, and DaBeechMan... the only 2-stroke guys that make any sense! half the time you have to talk to some guy that had someone build a 100000cc banshee that tells you he'll smoke you lol...its good to see someone post that actually KNOWS something..

Old 06-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZblu

Well, I'm glad you said that. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Old 06-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Range Rover

I think your just upset that you keep getting beat by motors half your size.....our 20 year technology is still woopin your a$$..Think about it, the rappy. pred, DS, and all the other big bore bikes are pratcially brand new..You guys are fresh off the show room floor and your gettin your a$$'s handed to you by 20 year old bikes with half the CC's....Rest in peace?? haha, how about when we can't beat you anymore we'll give it up, until then......
Well said!! especially the last line. 4 strokes are getting better but they have a long way to go before they will be ready to take on the fastest of the fastest 2 strokes... Especially in equal displacement

Old 06-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: roosthrower
Originally posted by: Starky
Desention among the troops. Ya gota love it. So you say you can get it done in 2 strokes what it takes us 4 strokes to do. And you're proud of this? I say, "let the 2-stroke rest in peace". I hope they don't waste another dollar on R & D for 2-strokes. Lets advance the sport not try to revive old bones.
If everyone thought like you during the end of the muscle car era, we would all be driving dohc 4 bangers instead of restoring the american pushrod v8's. I'll take the indy car whine of my two stroke and the roar of the american v8 over the lazy sounding single cylinder thumper and an annoying civic with the coffee can muffler.
Im with you on that Muscle Car Part,Love Muscle Cars Dads got 2 I got 1 good stuff.

Old 06-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

hey guys..

I came across some cool videos of modded banshees, and a nitrous banshee getting toasted by a YFZ450 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] he also beats an lt500 twice in a row...the 500 owner decides to take a few runs of his own on the YFZ...actually, I think the coolest video is the last one..."zyzcr450" it compares the YZ450, the cr450, a moded z400, and a YFZ...its kinda kool...this YFZ is obviously no average bike, but it was nice to see the 2 strokes going down...and actually if you watch the videos, the only thing that even comes clost to the YFZ is....another yfz [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and a raptor that they call the 'mystery raptor'

good times.. link: http://www.eskimo.com/~daddog/videos/

Old 06-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

im in i got a blaster and my brother juz got a banshhe

Old 06-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: XXxxSiCk660xxXX
UR gonna need more then a frickin banshee to get around me...LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...

-bLuRRRR27-
ok i got somethin for you then.

see its not the 4 strokes that are bad, its this guy and people like them who think they got somethin special.

Old 06-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Come stop by Everything2stroke.com

Quick Reply: two strokers unite