Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2004 LE banshee stolen, little reward

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 LE banshee stolen, little reward

IS THIS YOUR BANSHEE?

your link didn't work but i found this one on ebay.

Old 07-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer

that is with cars, trucks, ect not with 4 wheelers you cannot even get insurance through triple a on a 4 wheeler. ours did not have the nerf bars but i guess someone could easily put them on huh i was thinkin it was the other one but i just thought about it that person said they bought it 4/17/04 and ours was stolen around the time of 5/16-5/18 dunno want to email the person to find out if they have the titlle for it but if i do that i assume it will scare them away

Old 07-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

probably not since that one is in NY.

tough luck d00d

Old 07-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: XXxxSiCk660xxXX
130/yr through Progressive....i just made an insurance claim over the winter, so im sure it will go up next year!

-bLuRRRR27-
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] i get it cheaper [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but your prolly insured for a few grand more than me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i'm only payin $80 a year for full coverage

Old 07-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

i h8 poeple who cant go out and get a job and work for there atv's.

last time i was at sandmountain my me and my dads friend went ,jus the 2 of us. my dad let me take his shee for the weakend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and on the second moring we came out and went for a ride, this guy was on a raptor and it was his fist time there, and we offered to show him around. we showed him the super bowl and stuff,on our way back to camp i heard a clicking noise so i stopped. turnes out someone tryed to steal a bold(i cant remember witch one) and didn't get it, the bold slid out a lil and hit the spocket and bend it all to hell. they also stole a air filter from us and we didn't relize it. we had to clean everything out and my dad(he decided to dome up that day for a few hours) stopped by a hardware store and got a bunch of bolts, and we mad 1 fit for the weakend. he also had to buy a mew air filter. i thought he was never going to let me ride his bike again, but he was actually really kool about it.

well tha wa really stupid and pointless but i had to share it.

sorry about ur bike man.

Old 07-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

A few months ago there were i think 26 atv's stolen in 2 months. That made me nervous every time i left the house. A freind of mine usually leaves his under his carport and he was pullin in his drivway about 1 in the morning and seen his 400ex going down the road!! He took off after them and they had a truck parked down the road to load it in, after they seen him they left the quad and outran him in there truck. I dont think that he could have gotton home at a better time. Sorry to hear about your Shee man. If anything happend to my Raptors it would be over ( or someones life would beause i would prolly go postal ).

Old 07-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

That guy was really lucky! Anyother time, and he would be SOL...

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 07-04-2004, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
Originally posted by: XXxxSiCk660xxXX
130/yr through Progressive....i just made an insurance claim over the winter, so im sure it will go up next year!

-bLuRRRR27-
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] i get it cheaper [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but your prolly insured for a few grand more than me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i'm only payin $80 a year for full coverage
Im financing 7200 dollars and am only 18 years old! I am full coverage by progressive[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
-bLuRRRR27-

Old 07-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

Well not this will help now. But in Cali. they have been using tracking chips for years in new cars on dealer lots. I know because our system at Cellnet a few years back use to manage the data. The concept is simple, put a chip somewhere on or inside the frame or air box. It's not like putting a id tag on a blockbuster video. Its a tracking system that uses cell towers to triangulate and locate missing items. The original intent was to track and monitor gas and eletric data on residential and commercial homes remotely to the utilities industries. However somenone stold a electric meter of a empty house and swapped it out with a used one. We trinagulated and found the guy running though the homes with it in his hand. They obviously have larger onstar security systems and the like that run off satellite.

Bottom line is that it wont be too long before this kind of system is developed commercially off the store shelf. And you can buy a chip very cheap and hide in something very small if u want.

Old 07-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

still nothing at all whoever it was got away with it, what comes around goes around.

Quick Reply: 2004 LE banshee stolen, little reward