Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

A sad day in yamaha history

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A sad day in yamaha history

you shouldnt be sad, you should be happy the warrior is in a better place now, and its glad they re-did it, but mad they had to change the name. I also think its stupid to make multiple quad names for different sizes.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Range Rover

how could you say it is a bad day becuase of no bear tracker, it was outdated, nothing has been changed but the look and name since the late 80's. It is about time they changed it.

Old 06-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I like the styling of the Raptor 350. I just wish they would have updated the motor some, and maybe made it a 400 to compete with the Z and the EX. But the 350 motor is another one of those bullet proof motor's that go forever. So long live the Raptor 350!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

beleive this.. when warriros were first made the headlgihts were mounted on the front bumper.. NOT under the handelbars but on the bumper [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

I think the rap 350 is embarrassing. It is lazy on yamahas part to make another raptor. What do we have like 3 or 4 now. Come on EVERYTHING LOOKS THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS $UCKS!!!!!!!

I do miss the beartracker. I mean sure it $ucked preformance wise but I beat the crap out of it and it kept going.

Old 06-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

The bear tracker I had was indesctructible. I put that quad through some serious tests when I had it. I was able to make my own trails through the woods. I even took it up Bonne Terre Chat pile when it was snow covered. That was a serious hill. My buddy had some type of Polaris that kept spinning the tires in 4 wheel drive. He was mad because he spent like 6,000 on the quad and I only had 3,000 in mine.
Needless to say the Polaris got half way up and could not go any further. The bear tracker could drag a deer behind it and and carry another 300 lb rider. I only got it hung up once. But I was able to back it out with the reverse. I liked the manual shift without a clutch. That new 125 Bear creature automatic belt driven thing is not even comparible to the bear tracker in my book. That's going to leave the fellas who don't like spending a ton of money , like my self on a trail quad very un happy. I think yamaha made a serious error by discontinueing the beast. The only reason I got rid of it was, deer season is only once a year for me. The rest of the time I like playing on my warrior. It was a little noisy but I enjoyed dragging a deer out of the wood last year with my warrior while riding a wheelie.

04 warrior/ blue
dyno jet stage 1, k&n filter, power core 4 exhaust, hole shot tires and billet rims, ac nerfs, dg front bumper, moose rear skid,
a fox sticker that adds 10 mph on top end,

Old 06-18-2004, 01:29 AM
The Facility

The major differences between the Warrior and Raptor350 are.......

Carburetor
Camshaft
Exhaust
Porting
Cylinder with larger cooling fins
A-arms
Shocks
Front caliper [Raptor660 spec]
Tires
Wheels
Frame
Repositioned footpegs
Axle
Sprocket Carrier [From YFZ450]
Updated ratio for rear linkage

I have probally forgotten something, but this is NOT a Warrior.

Although the engine is based from a Warrior, veryt little Warrior still remains when looking at the spec sheet.

Calling this the same as a Warrior would be like calling a Wolverine a Bigbear.

Old 06-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Range Rover

PEOPLE bear tracker is still here, all they did was change the look and call at a bruin 250.

Old 06-18-2004, 06:30 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I miss the Warrior already (tear in my eye)

Old 06-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

It pains me seeing it go for good but i hate the replacement raptor i mean comon next thing youl know they will tranform the blaster or any 4x4 into a Raptor the raptor belongs in the realm of 660cc`s i do like the update but they should atleast update the warrior plastics and still name it the warrior.

Quick Reply: A sad day in yamaha history