Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Kodiak EBS/etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2000, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone notice how well the ebs works down STEEP decents on the new Kodiak? It goes so slow down hills in four wheel low that I usually have to give it gas. It may not have "true" 4x4 in mud like a Polaris but it goes down hills like a Honda 4x4 with all wheels engaging. My friends on Polaris's have to go down in high with brakes and start sliding but they go extremely well in mud though, so it's all a tradeoff. Anyway, these are some general tips I have found with the Kodiak. I put dielectric grease in plug to keep water out. This will keep it from sputtering in deep water/mud. Also, after you wash it, there will usually be water in the air intake check valve for the tranny. It must be from spraying water with hose because it's usually dry after riding. It's extremely easy to check and pop on and off. There is another one at the bottom of air intake behind the coolant hose, in case water makes it past the first one which 99% of the time it doesn't. These check valves are designed to catch any water that may get in so it doesn't reach the belt. I have had zero slippage so far but I have emptied the check valves once after having water up to the seat.

2000 kodiak 4x4 beige
2000 warn winch
25"-10-12 escavators
alum rear skid plate