rode and raced a banshee :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 08:58 PM
MJE
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rode and raced a banshee :)

food for thought...

I go riding probably 4 or 5 times a week...several hours at a time...

ive owned several 4 stroke machines...and even a 2 stroke one. I wail on the 4 stroke machines which DO IN FACT need far less maintenance than my old 2 did...to top it off every day now that i go riding theres always the occasional banshee out there being obnoxious...i actually towed one back through the lines with my 4 stroke and he gave me 50 bucks to bring it to his house. I asked him if he knew what was wrong...and he replied "my brothers and I have owned 4 different years of banshees...this happens to me every half of a season when the TOP END goes."

good for oils and how they've come miles as far as technology is concerned. The fact of the matter is 2 strokes are fizzling out because they are hazardous to the environment for one...loud and obnoxious for two...and most importantly they are hazardous to our pockets. I appreciate every bike out there...but saying that 2 strokes are easier to repair...or even making a judgement that they are better based on a butt dyno is way off.

They are great for the extreme high revs...but as far as torque is concerned 4 strokes are far beyond the 2's.

-Mike

Old 06-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

I can't believe what I just read.
Yamaha4eva...you...are....a...idot.....
You think it is harder to tell what is wrong with a 4 stroke??!?!?!? HOW CAN THAT BE??? Lets think about it...
Here is a list of things that 2 strokes DONT have:
Cams
Valves
Springs
Timing Chain
Rockers

and theres more...Have you ever looked at a blaster's engine and then at a 250ex or 300ex engine?? There is sooooo much more there that can go wrong. I love working on 2-strokes because you can almost tell what is wrong with them without even opening them up...

Old 06-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Yamaha4eva

OMG DO U EVEN KNOW WHAT IGNORANT MEANS? HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME IGNORANT CAUSE I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER 2 JOKE?, rofl!!!! produce less power? wow u nothing about engines, 4 strokes are much easier to fix. ASK YOURSELF THIS, how many cars do u know that run under 10 seconds on a quarter mile that are 2 jokes?
HA HA HA, Pure ignorance. even though i love my R, 2 stroke will always have 4strokes beat in "easiest to work on". Rebuilds? cheap and easy for a 2 stroke (like mentioned). Ask yourself this, how many cars on the world are 2stroke? not a whole lot! Youve always acted like a jackass about honda so i dont care to see you go.

Old 06-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: hondaracer305
[quote]
[quote]

Ask yourself this, how many cars on the world are 2stroke? not a whole lot! [quote]

What are you trying to prove?

Old 06-23-2004, 05:02 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Carmelo15
[quote]
Originally posted by: hondaracer305
[quote]
[quote]

Ask yourself this, how many cars on the world are 2stroke? not a whole lot!

I dont even know! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Range Rover

loud and obnoxious for two
I do agree with some of what you said but as far as loud and obnoxious goes... there is nothing more loud and obnoxious than a piped 4 stroke rumbling the windows and coupboards as it tries to fly by my house. My piped banshee flys by and you never even hear it.

this happens to me every half of a season when the TOP END goes
If the topend is going every half a season then there is some serious jetting issues... I dont think these guys know what they are doing if they are loosing that many topends on banshees...

I agree that a 2 stroke takes a little more maintanance than a 4 stroke just cause of the finikey ness of them but they are every bit as reliable as a 4 stroke when they are taken care of and kept up... I ride everyday and I have seen just as many raptors and yfz's leave people in the woods as I have banshees and I ride with a lot of people on a lot of different quads from banshees to 400ex's...

Old 06-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

lQuadmanl

I dont know if your him or not I was also just answering a question as to why they are saying that.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

I dont even know! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][/quote]

haha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2004, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Why do you people keep fighting about your 2 and 4 strokes and how they break all the time. 4 strokers, if 2 strokes really werent that reliable the banshee wouldnt have lasted 16 years and wouldnt still be one of the most popular and quickest quads around. 2 strokers dont try to argue the reliability issue with these guys you know that if any machine is neglected it will break and as long as you treat it right it will do fine. If you treat your peddle bike like shiit its going to break. this post wasnt meant to get you guys to fight i was telling you guys how much i enjoyed riding 2 strokes as well as 4 strokes. the only thing you guys seem to do is fight. so stop bickering about each others quads and save it for the dirty bike guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] jk.