Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

rode and raced a banshee :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rode and raced a banshee :)

i went quadding out the the sand pit today with my friends and his banshee. He has FMF SST gold headers and FMF powercore 2 exhaust pipes, new reeds and jets. I rode it around the trails.. whew that thing is a handful to hang on to. It was difficult at first to stay on its powerband but it pulled like a freight train it you clutched right. well we decided to do some hillshoots and drags. On the hillshoots i would jump to an early lead and stay in front about 2 quad lengths. on flat land the results were similar. i would beat him about 2-3 quad lenths in about 125 meter strip. My friend on his stock 450R came by to ride with us and the bansheehad about 2 quad lenthgs on him up the hill. FUN DAY!! Happy riding everybody.

Old 06-20-2004, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

just took my Banshee out for the first time today and i was suprised at how much they pull once in the power band. takes a bit of getting used to to keep it in the right range. in stock form they can be a handful to hang on to, i cant imagin with a "power up" kit. i guess i ll just have to find out in a few months once ive got some extra cash.

happy ridin everyone.

Old 06-21-2004, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

almost makes me want to get a 2 stroke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2004, 01:50 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: Carmelo15
almost makes me want to get a 2 stroke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Everyone should experience a 2 stroke such as the Banshee.

Old 06-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Banshee's are in a class of their own. If you have never ridden one, then find a buddy and ride his. They are something else...espically when they are built. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2004, 01:55 AM
RIP Dear Friend

They sound wicked with an aftermarket set of expansion chambers!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

I havent had the chance to ride one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2004, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

i love how they ping but the thumb throttle was too stiff (no thanks to the dual carbs!) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
Originally posted by: Carmelo15
Everyone should experience a 2 stroke such as the Banshee.
i dont think anyone should experience the constant breaking downs and headaches

Old 06-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Range Rover

i dont think anyone should experience the constant breaking downs and headaches
always adding something ignorant

My 01 banshee has never left me, however my friends yfz blew up and left him to walk home about 3 weeks ago and about a month before that my buddys raptor dropped a valve and ruined the topend. both quads where around $1000 to fix. You can totally rebuild a blown up banshee (with 2 cylinders) for around $300-$500

You can freshin up the top end on a banshee about 3 times for the price of one 4 stroke rebuild. unless you ride 50000 miles a year you should only have to freshin up about every 3 years or so depending on riding style, care and upkeep, and riding time.

that said, I think everyone should get a chance to experience a banshee once. If you dont like it dont buy one but You should at least ride one they are different than any other quad on the market...

Its a fact that 2 strokes dont last as long (on one bore) and are less reliable than 4 strokes but not by much and if you learn a little bit about them you can have years of trouble free, reliable riding on a banshee or any other 2 stroke.

Quick Reply: rode and raced a banshee :)