Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Question

I want a banshee so bad, its just that i ride in trails, and i want to know why there not good for trail? i usually ride in trail to get to dunes so i udnno i want one wicked bad but how bad will it be in the trails?
thanks
tom

Old 06-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Banshee Question

Banshees are typically considered to be better for wide open spaces and straight line runs because of thier geometry and the killer arm pump you get from riding a 2 stroke twin in tight trails. They are very nice machines, and very trail friendly if you have the skill.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Question

The problem with trails is your constantly changing speeds with the banshee or therefore any 2 stroke they dont get there power until your reved up a bit u know. .so its harder to keep it going that added to the fact that they dont have on demand power.. they are awesome for wide open areas or straight trials..

Old 06-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Range Rover
Default Banshee Question

whats "fouling plugs"?

Old 06-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Question

its when your rpms are too low for a lenght of time and they cant burn all the oil so the oil starts to stick to your plugs and the spark gets too weak and you loose a lot of power then you need to put new spark plugs in.

Old 06-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Question

also if ur mixture of fuel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]il is to heavy then ull foul them!

Old 06-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Question

With proper jetting you should never foul a plug at trailing speeds and with the correct jetting it will improve the bottom end response, and after you pipe it will be a whole new machine. I have a top end pipe on mines and trail ride just fine, but my complaint is the stiff thumb throttle does get very tiring in the trails.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Question

i thought i busted this myth of banshees being bad in trails? well, look at it this way, alot of people ride banshees in trails(not as many as most other popular sport atv's) and do just fine. Its when people who sit on their 4 stroke, and put around, and well, how shall i say, LACK-THERE-OF when it comes to overall riding ability, skill, and prowess, they say, aww man, you banshee sucks in trails, when in essence, you(if your capable) blow by them, and have to wait for them to catch up. Don't let anyone discourage you on your choice. If i offended anyone, well, I'm not sorry. I didn't mention any names, so it wasn't directed to anyone individually. Don't direct your anger towards me due to your lack or riding abilities on a banshee through trails.

P.S.
I'm awesome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Question

just get a walking stick they are more reliable then any quad just take that up to the trails..

Old 06-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Question

i'll race your walking stick through the trails.

Quick Reply: Banshee Question