Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

satelite photo "The End Of Southern" Rio Rancho New Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default satelite photo "The End Of Southern" Rio Rancho New Mexico

check this out, this is the parking lot where we ride out here just pan west to see some of the trails and hills. Use it to find pics of your own riding place. Have fun!! http://terraserver-usa.com/image.asp...=9753&z=13&w=1

Old 06-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

. http://terraserver-usa.com/image.asp...=9753&z=13&w=1

Old 06-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Dustin the link didn't work so I copy and paste it and it looks good.

Old 06-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

not suprised, i dont know how to make it link so you got to just paste it. if you look around you can find cell phone and sand cap, but it cuts off before the arroyo we race. but it's fun to get a birds eye of the aera

Old 06-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hey warwgn..

I just tried riding at "the end of Southern" about 3 weeks ago for the first time. I had really enjoyed riding at Montessa park and was hearing alot about this Southern place for some time. We arrived there and found that the parking area and about 1 mile around it was covered with nails and old burnt cars. Not to let that spoil our fun, we decided to go on, but did not find any areas of much interest. I told my buddy that we would probably have more fun turning around and going to Montessa and that's what we did.
Now that I look at your satellite photo, maybe I didn't give Southern enough credit. It looks like it expands over a verry large area and I think maybe i'll give it another shot. Thanks for the info and maybe I'll see you out on the trails......

Old 06-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Dude Rio Puerco at the end of Southern goes for miles and miles lol. My friends and I go for 60 mile desert rides out there. Some of the biggest sand hills to be found anywhere out there. Long azz aroyyos to go wide open and I even know where there is a 20 miles whoop trail out there, can you say ouch? Not only that but there is even a little MX style track north of the parking area. A piece of advice though, go with someone that knows the area because its very easy to get lost out there if you dont know where your at.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

vtwiner, you have to west of the parkinglot, there are hills out there that make montessa look like a joke, and it is way bigger than montessa. the parking lot does have alot of nails, but dont ride around there anyway, thats for the jokers who dont really know how to ride, like i said go west down into the valley, lots of arroyos and trails, and hills. you can go all the way to I40 if you take the right trails.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:44 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: warwgn
check this out, this is the parking lot where we ride out here just pan west to see some of the trails and hills. Use it to find pics of your own riding place. Have fun!! http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?t=4&s=11&x=826&y=9753&z=13&w=1
Wow, that does look like a nice place to ride.

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.asp...=9753&z=13&w=1

Old 06-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

desert riding is the best!! and we do got some good desert out here! If you ever find you self out this way with your quad and spare time let me know and we can hit the trails, anybody who passes this way lets go ride, just make sure you got jets for 5000 feet elevation

Old 06-24-2004, 11:47 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: warwgn
just make sure you got jets for 5000 feet elevation
Holly Cow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img], me and the raptor would have to strap on oxygen tanks because we are used to sea level.

Quick Reply: satelite photo "The End Of Southern" Rio Rancho New Mexico