Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

would a k&n filter be bad for my blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would a k&n filter be bad for my blaster?

ok thanks alot!!!!

Old 06-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

yep no problem they work great.. i use it on my raptor and my truck and previous vehicles

Old 06-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

i no longer listen to people at dealers, they most likely don't know what they are talking about(bu there are a handfull that do know what their talking about, so if your one, take no offence). I learned this when I had to find out what the difference was between yamalube 2-s and 2-r.

Old 07-10-2004, 12:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ya dealers dont really know much unless there certified, i asked for new reeds one time and the reply i got was "Is that even on a dirt bike?".LOL! I live in the midle of the c.a. desert and i use a k&n and precharger because i used to get dirt in my carb all the time, k&n is the only brand i found that really works!

Old 07-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

I ride in a lot of dusty areas but i just got an outerwear for my K&N and it keeps it a lot cleaner i would recommend getting one to anyone who runs a K&N without it

Old 07-10-2004, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

It is fact that that a foam filter like a uni or no-toil will stop more debrie then a k&n. The amount of airflow a k&n has over a uni is minimal, however the dust trapping abilty the uni has over the k&n is huge, and to top things off........By the time you buy a k&n, outer wear, the cleaner, the oil, you could have bought 3 uni's and a good size bottle of foam filter oil.

Old 07-10-2004, 05:52 AM
Pro Rider

k&n vs foam

Old 07-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Range Rover

ok this is comming from my mechanic whom i would trust with my quad anyday. he runs a mom and pop quad shop and is a former racer so right off you know this guy isnt the same type ya find in a dealership. K&N filters have great air flow but they are generaly better for the western part of the states as like somone above me said sand is bigger and the K&N traps it. when i went to him and told him i wanted a K&N for my quad he laid it to me straight said he would get me what i wanted but strongly recomended somthing like a UNI filter. well long story short i went with the UNI and my buddy who had a yfz450 stuck with his K&N the yfz450 is now in the shop getting rebuilt cuz he was getting so much dust particels in his engine. yea you can buy the outerwear and be good but like somone said once you have purchesed everything you could have bought ya a UNI and several cans of filter oil. it takes 5 minutes to clean a foam filter after your done riding unless ya have tons of money to sink into it id go with the UNI

Old 07-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

fyi: I have had a k&n = $50 + (not incuding cleaning kit and oil,
have a uni = $18,
just bought a no-toil and it was under $10, as soon as it is time to clean the uni I plan on trying the no-toil.

Old 07-12-2004, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

foam with an outerware...why #1because try to wring out your k&n after you were summerged in water or mud.#2 you dont need no stinking air box lid #3 foams are dirt cheap easy to clean (gasoline dries in seconds),no special kits. i am a big fan of k&n filters ,last three vehicles had them!just not on quads. ps how many dirt bikes come with them?none hmmm wonder why! jmho now bye[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: would a k&n filter be bad for my blaster?