Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

how much could i get from my raptor with the work done to it??

Old 06-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

bump

Old 06-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

You'd probably get more for it if they dont know someones been inside of it.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

u think that it would sell for more if they didnt know it had engine work?? doesnt make sense

Old 06-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

So why are you selling it now that you got it all fixed up? Did you get the bugs all out of it and the jetting corrected? You never posted anything about your plug color as far as I know.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Pinhead, I live in SLC. Tell me what you're looking for out of it. I'll see if any of my friends are interested. If not maybe I'd like it who knows.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:31 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Originally posted by: pinheadedjoker
u think that it would sell for more if they didnt know it had engine work?? doesnt make sense
Thats because most new/ lookers of used quads would rather have a quad that has not been messed with vrs one that has.

Messed with could mean shorter life for the motor, abuse on your part ( I am not accusing you of this ) racing, etc., etc.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Because people don't want something that may have been slapped together by joe blow out in his shed in the backyard. When it comes to used equipment people want virgin machines. If they DO decide to do internal motor work THEY know exactly who built it, and what has been done. Sure it may be a 686, but did Sparks build it? Or maybe Craycraft? Or worst of all maybe joe smoe took it down to the local machine shop and said I want it punched out this much over. Did the work themselve, and decided, "ehh, I don't need new gaskets.....", or "Who needs porting, It'll run fine......", or maybe worse yet, "where did this bolt/clip go?.......ehh who cares, Don't need it......." When you don't know the background, how do you know the quality of the work that was performed. Its better to do the work yourself, then you KNOW how the work was done. I personally would never buy a machine that had motor work w/o an extensive paper trail.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
Thats because most new/ lookers of used quads would rather have a quad that has not been messed with vrs one that has.

Messed with could mean shorter life for the motor, abuse on your part ( I am not accusing you of this ) racing, etc., etc.
Ahh, you bet me to it RAPTORYFM660r. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

the jetting is spot on now plug color is tan and mint [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] currently the one way bearing is getting replaced. so after that. no bugs whatsoever got jetting down prodesign new tires got paddles dropped the front sproket.. Im only thinking about getting rid of it because i may be buying my buddies lt500 for a good deal because he doesnt get any time to ride it and i want a project bike the lt would be great As far as my bike goes.. there is no probs with it now.. the one way bering has been fixed the engine runs smoother and with less rattle now then it did stock jetting is mint tires are great.. i have had all the bearings replaced and everything pm me if u have any questions.. im heading out for the day i got work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] its got aftermarket nerfs and what not pics are on my profile page so check it out p/m with any questions If i cant get near what i want out of it then ill just keep it! its a great bike im happy with it it will beat any of my friends bikes. beats my buddies pipped jetted k/n banshee with no airbox and what not.. it doesnt just beat it it will mutilate it i can beat him up sand mountain by 5 or 6 quad lengths same story if we switch riders..