Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LTE Racing exuast systems for Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTE Racing exuast systems for Raptor

http://www.lteracing.com/allmodelspi...a/yamaha.shtml Anyone have any dealings with these guys? Was thinking about gettin this set up.

Old 06-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A lot of people like the LTE duals, and they are around $700+ with jet's. They are true duals, and with the spark arrestor's removed they have a good sound to them. Not too loud, not too quiet.

Old 07-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Range Rover

Trooper,
I finally ordered the dual exhaust for my 2001 Raptor. I have a totally tricked Raptor and with the duals it'll be awesome. It'll come in at right around 93 decibels according to LTE. Talked
with Randy Looney and he is cool. Offers advice too. cost me 729.00 and is being shipped to me today in no. calif. The purchase came up because of the sound laws in Calif. I have an alba pipe with 12 discs in it and it has great power but is rated at 103 decibels. The quiestest I got it by taking out 7 discs was 99.6 decibels. Legal is 96 in Calif. So with the LTE Dual EXhaust I'll be Legal in Calif. and in the Oregon Dunes where it is even more harsh. 93 but will let you slide if
you come in around 95 db.
Chuck-Raptorman
2001 Alba Raptor
+2+1" a arms
+5 inch Lonestar excalibur axle
steel braided lines
pep steering stabilizer
douglas aluminum rims w/ razr's
dg nerfs
graphics
piped and jetted (alba)
ac racing mesh bumper
speedometer/odometer (trailtech)
It rocks!!
2001 Wanderer Toybox
and a 325 trailboss polaris for the wife for the dunes

Old 07-21-2004, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

I have the LTE dual system on my 690 and i am very pleased with the performance and with the quality.

Old 07-22-2004, 01:28 AM
Range Rover

Duneittiludie,
Good performance, great; airbox removed on your 690, right? How is the sound , quiet as expected?
Chuck-Raptorman they says its's 95 decibels and below.

Old 07-23-2004, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

artoux-If you are asking if i am using the air box i am but with no lid and some venting.As for sound i have not yet had it tested for decibel level but it seems much quieter than most.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I call a big BS on the 93db claim from LTE. The stocker comes in at 94 for reference. I have heard these pipes in person and I'd lean a lot farther toward 98-99db. They sure arent anywhere near 93, even on an otherwise stock machine.

Trending Topics

Old 08-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Range Rover

Finally got my pipes. Bottomline, They are powerful, sound great and are quiet and are good looking. The best aspects I like about the pipes are the Power. It hits all the way through the powerband with the airbox lid off. The are quiet and not noticeable I would lean around
95 db. I tried to hunt down a ranger today but could not locate him. I will get it tested and post it.
I have no noise problems anymore and it is still scary fast. It looks so Hot too.
I am glad I chose them.
Today was my first day on the new pipes and I am very pleased.
Chuck-Raptorman-Alba[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Range Rover

To all,
Make no mistakes about this dual exhaust system for my Raptor. The power delivery is great. They come with quiet cores, silencers and usfs spark arrestors. You can run them without the quiet cores or with it. Just take off the end cap by means of six allen screws take out the quiet core and run it. I hunted down a Ranger yesterday at Hollister Hills SVRA in California and
the two rangers tested the 2001 Raptor one holding the sound meter and the other ranger accelerating the throttle. it came in at 91.9-92 decibel. With the quiet cores installed and the airbox lid off. I was hammering it all day and it hits through the powerband, flawlessly.
It sounds good and quiet. If I took out the quiet cores (3 minutes) it would probably
register at 95 decibels tops. For the record 92 decibels for all of the skeptics out there. Plus I have the sticker from the ranger to prove it. Pipes are awesome..Looks, power and quietness.
Look no further LTE Racing.com
Chuck-Raptorman[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 06:31 AM
Pro Rider

artoux- Do you notice a difference in power between having the quiet core in, as opposed to running without the quiet core......Also how is the overall quality of the pipes, do you feel they are built to last....also do you have to repack these pipes, and if so how often......Thanks

One last question, when you remove the quiet core does that require you to rejet also, or is it close enough not to make a difference...thanks again...

Quick Reply: LTE Racing exuast systems for Raptor