Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

r1 raptor almost finished

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default r1 raptor almost finished

Sounds awesome, get some video posted of that thing running as soon as you can!

Old 06-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

Thats going to be a Monster sled.......

Old 06-26-2004, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Aw sweet, you beat me. I will ride mine definatly this weekend. I got stuck at work today and didn't get to finish up the wiring and plastics. I can't wait to ride it. We fired it up last weekend the exhaust sounded awesome. Tell me more after you get some more seat time. Again Congrats.

Old 06-26-2004, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Freaking INSANE!
Rediculously crazy amount of power....

-(_.:**:.-«ż¤Wi©kEd §iN˛7¤ż»-.:**:._)-

Old 06-28-2004, 01:42 AM
Range Rover

How did you get the chain drive to work? In the picture you have, the output shaft/front sprocket is a LONG ways from the centerline of the swingarm pivot. The drive line geometry is going to change drastically with every rear suspension movement. Did you end up putting on some type of spring loaded chain tensioner and hoping for the best? The rear suspension must squat to the max when you nail the throttle on that set-up! Perhaps the picture I saw did not show the final positioning of the motor.

Old 06-28-2004, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tintman
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]rode my r1 raptor yesterday man its unreallll!!!just have to make plastics fit then ride.Its hard to keep front end down so I ordered a plus 8 swingarm. I plan on dragin it so it should be fine.We are starting on a cbr 900 400ex.Will post pics of raptor this afternoon clutcholds be ready when you finish its nasty!!
Glad to see another Georgia rider [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Ive been to valdosta before too. get more pics of that raptor!

Old 07-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Range Rover

Hey tintman, …you still around these forums? How'bout an answer to my last question? If it is possible to mount an engine in a quad frame the way your picture shows then that would GREATLY simplify the morphing process. I only have limited experience with motor swaps but I didn't think a set-up like yours would stand a chance of working worth a darn. Sure, you could throw a chain on and make it go but what keeps the chain tension proper for varying swingarm movements. And what keeps the chain from causing SERIOUS torque loading of the rear shock. Does your rear suspension even work when you are under heavy load? If there is a way to do it please let us know the secret. The hardest part of a motor swap is getting the engine crammed back against/inside the swingarm so that the front sprocket is both close to the swingarm pivot and lined up with the rear sprocket (no obstructions). Your build doesn't address that issue at all. How ??? This isn't a rip. I honestly want to know so that I can stop wasting countless hours doing motor swaps the way I have explained. Thank you for your time.

Old 07-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, I placed some more pics (darn computer is being aggrevating)the pivot point is the same on this bike as the raptor. we made the frame higher as you can tell. But for suspension it tends to be fine. The motor sits 1.5 inches lower than stock. Bike has no problems so far other than the front won't stay down in any gear. I ran it up to 3rd gear but the front tires were wobbling so bad I had to slow down. Email me with any other questions. More pictures soon.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

sweet, whens it coming to cecil?? I got to make sure i'm there.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Man I cant wait to see some video!

Quick Reply: r1 raptor almost finished