Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Brute Force or Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force or Grizzly

I guess if you 'need' the biggest ATV out there, go BF. I'm willing to bet the Grizzly will 99.93% of the places the BF will go...and look better doing it.
Hell, I rarely need all 700cc of my Prairie. Probably do just fine with a 400 machine. Of course, with a lot less grins [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

99.93??? LOL thats pretty damn precise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. But it's like if you walked out to your driveway to go to the store and there was a cavalier and a corvette there I wonder which would get driven.I mean the cavalier will bring home the groceries too but like you said......with alot less grins!I do believe there is a breaking point in this power thing though.I cannot imagine needing more that my 650 has stock.I am confused,the detuned the 650 in the CDI because it was too fast but they make a bigger one???.They are like a piece of cheese and we are mice being led on.
02 650 camo

Old 07-01-2004, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

Take a really close look at both of them. Which quad is tighter to work on? are you one of the people like me who hate taking panels off everywheres to do a 10-15 minute job? ten ends up being a 45- 1 ihour job of placing panels back perfectly to within a .00000001 of a inch? From my experience of installing winches and doing general maintenance, the grizzly isnt too tight for your hands to work on. If the 750 is anything like the suzuki 700 twin peaks, have fun getting to the front of your machine, or under the seat to do any kind of work.

Not ragging on the twin peaks, they are really fun to drive.

750 is a new bike too. maybe wait to see if there are any serious bugs in it.

I know it sounds biased, but I like the grizzly a lot.

Old 07-01-2004, 03:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Comes down to how fast you want to go. Other than that, flip a coin. Both have similar designs, both have tons and tons of power (500's spin mud tires good enough, both of these have zero trouble doing that), and I doubt other than which is the quickest there is any REAL issue between which one is the best. If it was me and I had the money, I'd get the 750, just on account of its the fastest, and thats what would play to my interests.

They are setup so close to each other, that all you can really do is talk about past issues with 660's and P650's to use as ammo for arguements, or go to the old locking differential debate where one side whines cause they have to squeeze a lever and hold it, and the other side whines that it only goes 22mph and the electrical stuff could go out someday down the road.

flip a coin. Be wicked fast or just be pretty fast and save some $$$. Thats basically it.

Old 07-01-2004, 04:15 AM
Trailblazer

how fast do you think wicked fast is on 750

Old 07-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

you must be wicked retarded or something! I bet its around the same as the Prairie 700 to be honest. It will be quick though.

(not slamming you dude, just making fun of that Boston thing on Saturday night live)

Old 07-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

66 is the mph I think and they had to detune the lowend a little to keep it from busting out the IRS. The kawis difflock is better in my opoinon(just mine) because when you are going and you feel like you are loosing traction you dont have to loose momentum like you do the grizz. You can slightly let it out and still make a relatively sharp turn but still be in locked form. The grizz auto trans is more dependable because none of the actuators or anythang and the BF might not have these prob. like the P700. just my thoughts you dont have to agree

Old 07-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

I love this size does not matter argument...isn't that what our wives are supposed to tell us??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It DOES matter.
If it did not we would all just buy Bruins or 360 Prairies.The suzuki guys could just get a King Quad 300 right???
I mean they will do the same thing.It comes down to what you want and what makes you happy.I do like the belt drive and the one way sprag on the Yamaha vs the Kaw and I never had to work on the belt on the Kodiak for the 2500 miles I put on it..As far as it being tight I have not had to work on it so I cannot comment on that.I do like the fact the radiator is protected well (unlike the Vinson where it's hanging out just begging to be poked).I did have to replace the steering stem bushing on the trusty Kodiak and it was a bi$ch so they can all be somewhat hard to work on I guess in their own way.
02 650 camo