Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Brute Force or Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force or Grizzly

What are your opinions on the '05 kawi 750 Brute Force with its variblle locking diff. or the grizzly with its full locking diff? Which do you think is better?

Old 06-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Trailblazer

i have and o4 grizzly.... i love it, i used to have a 01 kawasaki prarie, i didn't really like it, not enough power but i dont no about the new brute orce, all i can say is with my grizz, even with stock tires it will go through anything. i dont know if that will help you but, o well

Old 06-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever since the Prarie 650 in 02 kawasaki has had the most powerful utility atv on the market. Polaris had more power with the sp700 until the prarie 700. Now the same prarie engine is been bored out another 50cc and put in the brute force.

The brute force is all new for 05 and carries no major components over from the 01 kawi prarie. It barely has anything from the 04 prairie. There are endless descriptions of this atv in the kawasaki forum. From what I have understood, it shares a few components with the suzuki king quad, but the powertrains are different.

Old 06-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 660Grizzman
i have and o4 grizzly.... i love it, i used to have a 01 kawasaki prarie, i didn't really like it, not enough power but i dont no about the new brute orce, all i can say is with my grizz, even with stock tires it will go through anything. i dont know if that will help you but, o well
If you would have waited to get next year's Prairie 650, you would have felt PLENTY of power. In my opinion, the locking mechanism on the Prairie/Brute Force is the absolute best in the business. You don't have to stop to lock the front end, and it's not electrical so there's less problems to go wrong with it. Now that the new Kawasaki has lost it's struts and now has IRS, people are running out of things to complain about on it. Come on, just think: 750 liquid-cooled cc's of V-Twin power at your disposal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]If you've ridden a 650 Prairie, up that power and torque by 100cc.

Old 06-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Range Rover

well i don't know where you ride but i've seen plenty of grizzlys stuck in anything from snow to mud to sand even one w\mud tires
but i would probably trust the fully locking diff a lot more than one controlled by slippage but that qaud is supposed to be by far the
most powerful one out there now as maddog said but it might weigh a ton too i guess it just depends on where you do your riding

Old 06-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

grizzly is a great all around atv with a sporty feel unlike the polaris 700, remember i dont know your budget but your goin to pay for more for the brute force and the grizz diferential is great, not to mention its extremely comfortable after a day of riding, as much as a yamaha fan as i am im liking the king quad 700 right now, but if ur bateries die ur screwed bc of fuel injection. but its a 700 dohc not a vtwin, in my eyes nits a beast. good luck, test drive them and read other replies. dont pay atention to those kawi is better suzuki is better guys, just listen to the details and judge for urslef, it your money and your atv, not theirs. good luck

Old 06-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

by the way .... the new grizz is available in two different camos, blue, black (insane) , red and green.

Trending Topics

Old 06-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warrior387cc
well i don't know where you ride but i've seen plenty of grizzlys stuck in anything from snow to mud to sand even one w\mud tires
but i would probably trust the fully locking diff a lot more than one controlled by slippage but that qaud is supposed to be by far the
most powerful one out there now as maddog said but it might weigh a ton too i guess it just depends on where you do your riding
He's right about getting stuck. One of my riding buddies has a grizz with the stock Dunflops and I've had to pull him out of all kinds of crap. Which one of them has a differential controlled by slippage? I think you're mistaken there. By the way, that friend of mine's Grizz is currently scheduled for the shop because his "awesome" differential locking mechanism is out of wack and he's stuck in full 4x4 lock so it can only do 22 mph and doesn't turn worth a crap.

Old 06-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The brute force weighs 604lbs I believe, which is only 2 pounds heavier than the prarie 700. I'm quite sure the grizz is around there too.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Wild one I would wait and see.I am an owner of a 650 Prairie and love it.I have a couple of buddies that have grizzs and like them too.I am a Yamaha guy deep down but I do not have blind faith.I have had a big bear,wolverine and a kodiac.I went with the Kaw and have no regrets.I have 1k miles on it and it has been rock solid.I would hope Kaw and Yamaha will address the handling complaints of most IRS quads....mainly the body roll and (tippy) feeling.I have had a chance to spend a day on a grizz and it rides like a caddy but I like to feel planted on the ground.I can only imagine how this thing will run.In a drag race I can handle a grizz and even had the chance to run a 700 EFI Polaris this weekend and disposed of him too.Of course this is not what it's ALL about but the extra power is nice.The guys with the 400 cc machines will say.....yea but I can run the same speed on the trails and they can.To me it's just making excuses.The extra power is nice for more than speed......turning big tires in the mud for example.......
To be honest I will be looking at the 700 Suzuki myself mainly for the EFI option.I was disappointed Kaw did not offer this on the BF.Those cold mornings in deer season EFI would be nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].The sealed brake on the Kaw is nice and I feel the locker on the Kaw is a better set up too.Hope this helps
02 650

Quick Reply: Brute Force or Grizzly